ClayB

Jim Linnell shedule for the first half of 2009

Here is Jim Linell's BUSY schedule for the first part of 2009. If you get a chance you really owe it to yourself to attend one or more of these events. Jim's a great teacher and a great guy and you WILL learn a lot from him.

January 17th and 18th I will be in Denver for the WESA show. On the 18th at 6:00 pm, the Columbine Leather Guild is having a gathering at which I will be doing some demonstrations. For more information and directions, people should contact Kathy Flanagan.

The evening of February 7th, I will be at the Tandy Leather Factory store in Allentown, PA doing demos with the guild that meets at that store. I think the scheduled time is 4:00 pm, but for more info and directions, people should contact that store. Manager: Jeffrey Oakford

All day on February 13th and until about noon on the 14th, I will be at the Baltimore Tandy Leather Factory store doing demos during their open house celebration. For more information, people should contact that store. Manager: Bill Davis

On February 26th through 28th I will be in Denver, teaching at the Western Region 4-H Leader's Forum. If there are 4-H folks in the western USA that plan on being there, there is no cost for the classes, so be sure to sign up.

On March 1, I will be doing a workshop at the new Tandy Leather Factory store in Cheyenne, WY. I think we will be doing a wallet and the only cost would be the materials used. We will start at 9:00 in the morning and go until we're done. For more information and directions, contact that store. Manager: Richard Lopez

March 8th through 10th, I will be doing a workshop at the Tandy leather Factory store in Tempe, AZ. The project is the extreme 3-D embossing technique on the tearing out eagle. A picture can be seen on my web site The cost of this class is $50.00 which is mostly for the materials used. Participants should go home with a finished picture ready to frame, so they will be learning carving, embossing and painting. For more info and to sign up, contact the store. Manager: Jim Augustson

March 13th through 15th, I will be doing a workshop at the Tandy Leather Factory store in north Phoenix. The project is carving the 2009 Tandy Leather Factory catalog cover. This project includes carving, embossing & painting. The cost will be $50.00. For more information and to sign up,, contact the store. Manager: Sara Swift

April 17th through the 19th, I will be doing demos and a workshop at the Tandy Leather Factory store in Indianapolis, IN. The workshop would be on the 19th and the details have not been determined. For more information people should contact the store. Manager: Kimberly Carrison

April 24th through 26th I will be at the Spring Leather Show being hosted by the Prairie States Leather Guild in the Chicago area. The dtails of demos and workshops have not been determined, but thos interested should visit their web site for more information.

May 1st through 3rd I will be in Northampton, England doing demos the Tandy Leather Factory store. They will be having an anniversary event marking our first year in England. I would love to meet any members in the UK or Europe that can make it. For the latest information people should contact that store. Manager: Roy Fisher

May 8th through the 10th, I am scheduled to teach a workshop in my home town of Miles City, Montana. This workshop will be hosted by the historic Miles City Saddlery. I'm very excited about doing this one because this is where I got infected with the leatherworking bug 42 years ago. There leatherworking roots in this town that go back much farther than that. In fact, Ken Griffin once worked at the Miles City Saddlery. Anyone leaving early to go to the Sheridan Leather Show should plan on spending the weekend in Miles City soaking up some of the rich leatherworking heritage that comes from this town. Leon Sevier is organizing the even and is who you should contact for more info contact Leon

May 15th through the 17th is the Sheridan Leather Show in Sheridan, WY. I will be there and doing the free workshop for youngsters on Saturday morning. If you've never helped me do this workshop, you should. We have a blast and you get to be actively involved in making sure leathercraft is passed to the next generation. You can find more info about the show go to the Journals website

June 5th through the 7th, I will be in Little Rock, AR at the Tandy leather Factory store. I will be teaching a workshop on carving portraits. The subject will be John Wayne. This will be a unique workshop and worth making. For more information, details, sign up, etc. contact the store. Manager:Vickie Baker

Edited by ClayB