Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jess

Aegis Project?

Guest Jess

Hi everyone!

My name is Jess, and I know it's really soon to be thinking about it, but I'm already planning on Halloween. I would like to be Athena, the ancient Greek goddess of wisdom war & peace, domestic arts, among others.

I'm planning on making my own costume as much as I can, going off of ancient Greek sources.

One of the pieces she wears is the aegis, a goat skin breast plate. The sources are very explicit on what it looks like, but I have no way to make something like this on my own, so I have no choice to but to see if someone would be willing to work the project.

Here is a link to a picture, to give you an idea. I can also give you more information from the sources if you’re interested in the project. Click here!

If you’re interested or you know someone who might be, please e-mail me at fidelity217@yahoo.com Thank you.

Hi everyone!

My name is Jess, and I know it's really soon to be thinking about it, but I'm already planning on Halloween. I would like to be Athena, the ancient Greek goddess of wisdom war & peace, domestic arts, among others.

I'm planning on making my own costume as much as I can, going off of ancient Greek sources.

One of the pieces she wears is the aegis, a goat skin breast plate. The sources are very explicit on what it looks like, but I have no way to make something like this on my own, so I have no choice to but to see if someone would be willing to work the project.

Here is a link to a picture, to give you an idea. I can also give you more information from the sources if you're interested in the project. Click here!

If you're interested or you know someone who might be, please e-mail me at fidelity217@yahoo.com Thank you.

Boy that's a tough one. I'm into armor making but that is definitely not a breast plate. It is more like scale maile. I suppose you could make it from leather scales and attach them to a thin leather "shawl" type thing. But i think if it were me I would want to make it from metal scales.

Jason