Jess Jones

Cowboy 3200 Sewing Machine

Well, here it is! The Cowboy 3200 sewing machine! Not much is written about this machine at it is still very new from what I understand. It is the little brother to the Cowboy 4500 and was what I could afford for my leather business.

I received it yesterday and assembly took me about 3 hours from unpacking the 5 boxes it came in- to where I had it on. Great machine! I am new to sewing with a machine and I manufacture gun belts. This was very, very reasonably priced and Ryan Neel from Neel's Saddlery and Harness was such a big help. He walked me through sewing with it when I had never sewn with a machine like this before. He also helped with assembly questions. He was EXTREMELY patient with me and thorough with everything. If you are interested in the Cowboy 3200, then I would HIGHLY recommend it and that you call Ryan Neel at (330) 692-1418. Tell him that Francesco sent you. They are in Ohio and I am in Los Angeles and shipping (VERY well packed by the way) was only $210 for me. Very cheap considering there were 5 large heavy boxes.

Look at the pictures and judge for yourself! Also, here is a very short video clip on YouTube of me sewing with it. I will do a full in-depth review on YouTube in the future.

post-51709-0-74477900-1402611601_thumb.j

post-51709-0-25309300-1402611625_thumb.j

post-51709-0-70775500-1402611646_thumb.j

post-51709-0-30248400-1402611670_thumb.j

Hey Francesco it's great to see a post on the CB3200. I hope to be ordering one soon myself. Just wondering, does the stitch looks as good on the bottom as it does on top?

Cowboy 3200

Hey Francesco it's great to see a post on the CB3200. I hope to be ordering one soon myself. Just wondering, does the stitch looks as good on the bottom as it does on top?

Hi Toolster! Here is a pic I snapped for you of the underside view of the stitch on the Cowboy 3200.

Nice! How did Neel's ship it to you? UPS? $210.00 seems like a really good price to the west coast. I was thinking it would cost me that much to have one shipped to Minneapolis. Must call Ryan this morning to survive.... :crazy:

Nice! How did Neel's ship it to you? UPS? $210.00 seems like a really good price to the west coast. I was thinking it would cost me that much to have one shipped to Minneapolis. Must call Ryan this morning to survive.... :crazy:

No worries Francesco, just spoke w/Ryan and he can UPS my machine for $180. This way I don't have to deal with the common carrier truck line.....it will be sitting in my living room one day next week when I get home. Now I only have to convince my wife...... :evillaugh:

No worries Francesco, just spoke w/Ryan and he can UPS my machine for $180. This way I don't have to deal with the common carrier truck line.....it will be sitting in my living room one day next week when I get home. Now I only have to convince my wife...... :evillaugh:

Haha! Yeah Ryan is great. Let me know how it works out. It's worth the investment if your in business or plan on getting serious about nice, high quality stitch work and more production. Good luck!

Ok...one more. Trying to give you guys a few different belt views of work I've done with the Cowboy 3200 for my business. Enjoy...

Thompson Tactical Belts

I really need one of these. I need to sale some more guitar straps.

Colt, its worth the investment. Trust me. I have increased my belt production by at least 400%. Now I can actually build an inventory which will be very nice and put way less stress on me. I use to sew them all by hand...good luck bud!

I have been thrilled with mine. I ordered it with the same stand as the 4500 and the flat bed, roller edge guide and a few more accessories.

I recently completed a few mods to give me exceptional low end control.

I bought mine from Bob at Toledo and the service was excellent.

I would not, however, use UPS! They recently destroyed a 2 ton arbor press that was delivered in pieces with parts falling out of the broken and crushed box.

I opted to pick it up at the local trucking depot and it was on a pallet, shrink wrapped and I was able to easily but the parts and boxes in the back of my CRV. Assembly took about 30 minutes.

BTW Fransesco, I used to go diving off Catalina out of San Pedro...brrrrr!

Cya!

Bob

I have been thrilled with mine. I ordered it with the same stand as the 4500 and the flat bed, roller edge guide and a few more accessories.

I recently completed a few mods to give me exceptional low end control.

I bought mine from Bob at Toledo and the service was excellent.

I would not, however, use UPS! They recently destroyed a 2 ton arbor press that was delivered in pieces with parts falling out of the broken and crushed box.

I opted to pick it up at the local trucking depot and it was on a pallet, shrink wrapped and I was able to easily but the parts and boxes in the back of my CRV. Assembly took about 30 minutes.

BTW Fransesco, I used to go diving off Catalina out of San Pedro...brrrrr!

Cya!

Bob

Yes, my dream machine is the 4500! Just couldn't afford it. Eventually I will also purchase the 4500 and keep my 3200 for small jobs like belts and when I get into saddles the 4500 will be my main machine. Yes, Catalina water is pretty cold. Thanks for sharing! Can you post some pics of your work with the 4500 in this thread? I'm sure people would love to see it. I don't want to impose. Only if you are willing to. Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!

Other than the extra capacity, I can't see the advantage of the 4500. If I were looking at all the accessories that come with the 4500 package, then it would have made sense, but for my needs I can't see a 4500 would be any advantage. I'll post The next product that has some decorative stitching. All my items ship withing hours of being finished.

PRETTY COLD! 52F is FREEZING!

Good luck with the machine and check out the mods if you ever get into more intricate work.

Cya!

Bob

Hey Francesco I hate to bug ya but can you tell me the length/width of the table that comes with the 3200? I travel full time for work and want to make sure I can fit the machine into my "gypsy caravan" trailer when I move on next month. I may need to order it with the 3500 style pedestal stand instead......

Thanks! JW

Hey Francesco I hate to bug ya but can you tell me the length/width of the table that comes with the 3200? I travel full time for work and want to make sure I can fit the machine into my "gypsy caravan" trailer when I move on next month. I may need to order it with the 3500 style pedestal stand instead......

Thanks! JW

No problem! The table is a 47" L X 20 3/4" W and 31.5" from the ground with the table on the legs and wheels it comes with. The inner "U" opening is 11" x 13". I like this table a lot.

No problem! The table is a 47" L X 20 3/4" W and 31.5" from the ground with the table on the legs and wheels it comes with. The inner "U" opening is 11" x 13". I like this table a lot.

Thank You Sir! I think I can make that work!

Thank You Sir! I think I can make that work!

Anytime, I'm here to help!

Just got off the phone W/Ryan and completed my order! Gonna be hard to sleep the next few nights until it arrives. OK Francesco, if I give you my cell number will you call and read me a bedtime story later so I can get some sleep tonight???? :yeah:

Just got off the phone W/Ryan and completed my order! Gonna be hard to sleep the next few nights until it arrives. OK Francesco, if I give you my cell number will you call and read me a bedtime story later so I can get some sleep tonight???? :yeah:

Damn, I am going to be the only one left that doesn't have one before long.

Damn, I am going to be the only one left that doesn't have one before long.

Ha Hee! Ryan said he's a nite owl, call and get your order in but he better ship mine first.....LOL

I had mine shipped to a freight Depot off I10 and save a bunch of money. If you want to come over and drool on mine, you are welcome!

Cya!

Bob

I had all my big wood working tools shipped to shipping depots and saved money. Plus I didnt have to worry about sitting at home waiting for the driver to show up.

Thanks for the drooling offer. Id still like to make one of the jams too. I stay so busy with my current position , I do t have much free time anymore.

Next Old Time jam is this Friday.

Cya!

Bob

Congrats Toolster! :dance: You're going to love it! Hopefully you'll get as much work out of it as I have. Post pictures and a short review of the machine when you get it all set up.

Fantastic looking machine! I myself chose the 3500 for the extra sewing thickness, reasoning that saddle repair needs may come my way here in Kentucky one day. I've had my machine over a month or so now, but honestly I've not been able to use it as I would have wished because of some physical troubles. You do beautiful work! Don

Fantastic looking machine! I myself chose the 3500 for the extra sewing thickness, reasoning that saddle repair needs may come my way here in Kentucky one day. I've had my machine over a month or so now, but honestly I've not been able to use it as I would have wished because of some physical troubles. You do beautiful work! Don

Thanks Don! Let's see if we can get you healthy again so you can sew away some nice projects for us to see! :whatdoyouthink: