lowlife

Firefighter Suspender Back Plates

Ok first it needs to be known I AINT NO ARTIST. 2nd I havent been tooling leather very long at all. I think this is just the 3rd project I have done for someone other than myself as far as tooling. I had posted in the MC forum about a dash panel I did for myself once before and I stated in there that "I COULDNT DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE WITH A RULER AND A PENCIL" and that still holds true..

These back plates for a couple sets of FIREFIGHTER suspenders are one that I have done for a couple close friends. I tried everyway that you can imagine to get out of doing them due to my inability in the artistic side of this. I just finally gave in and gave it a try. the skull is from a random image and the flames are random also that I tried to incorporate into this design. I think they turned out pretty good considering my ability but they LOVE THEM. I think they dont have good taste LOL. Anyway let me know what you think and I PROMISE you wont hurt myfeelings

Kehl

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=galleryℑ=18672

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=galleryℑ=18673

Looks good to me. I've recently done a couple of skulls for some coworkers. Like you I don't have any artistic ability. Thank god for photoshop and Velum tracing paper.. In the fire service we seem to like that hand crafted look. All my suspenders customers have been very happy... One note on the skulls.. I'm tired of doing them.... Plus how morbid when were pumping and squishing and the family is looking at our suspender plates.. I'm switching to angels and bunnies... Lol...