Hi all,back again after a short spell away from the bench.Customer ordered Men's and Women's ranger belts.After all's said and done I'm pretty happy with the end result.post-37617-0-75099900-1436274321_thumb.jpost-37617-0-81370300-1436274358_thumb.jpost-37617-0-07490700-1436274400_thumb.jpost-37617-0-60472400-1436274472_thumb.j

Nicely done set! I am sure they will be pleased.

Bob

Fabulous!!!

Nice! Congratulation!

I'd be pretty danged happy with them myself if I had made them. Very nice,,

Chris

Edited by ChriJ

Crikey! You should be proud.

Roger

Very clean, did you dye the background after antiquing? And how long have you been tooling? I have been trying some of those techniques myself, I have a ways to go yet...

Hi Damon,

I dyed the background before applying the antique,then a couple of coats of professional finish,then the antique.And as far as how long I have been tooling for is too long with to many breaks in between.Started out like most with the lucky eight book at about 14 yrs old,played around for about 5 years then packed it all away.Then married,children and all of that and then 40 years later dragged it all back out again and have been messin around for about 18 months.Absolutuly love it,but still have so much to learn.I think I may have left my run a bit late.its all expensive but it's all fun.Keeps the brain active at least

Don't worry, queenslander, you're not alone - wife, house, kids, work all tend to take up most of the available time!!! It's only since I retired that I've been able to "indulge" myself. I got back on a motorbike again (at last), and recently took up shooting muzzleloaders, which led to single-action shooting, which lead to reloading and then leatherwork. I needed holsters and was having trouble getting what I needed, so thought "wonder what's involved in making them?". And here I am :) .

I really enjoy working with leather, and while I'm not into carving I can appreciate your obvious skill at it :cheers: .

And yes, it's all expensive, but even if I'd had the time all those years ago I didn't have the money then. Now, I do.....