Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Xdm 3.8 .45Acp Compact Vs. Xdm 3.8 9Mm

I have an order for an XDm 3.8 compact in .45acp.

The dummy gun I have is the XDm 3.8 9mm.

Wondering if anyone knows if these are cross compatible or not? Springfield Armory's specs page leave a lot of information out for some reason.

Thanks!

While I don't have calipers handy, I made a holster for my 4.5" XDM in .45 and my XD 3" 9mm SC and XDM 3.8" 9mm both fit in it. Conversly, I have an Aker Flatsider Patriot XR20 made for the XD 3" SC 9mm and the XDM .45 4.5" will fit in it as well ( retension strap won't snap though). I'd try the XDM 9mm but I just installed and zeroed the laser. I'd say the critical dimentions are pretty darn close. Hope this helps.

Edited by SooperJake

Welcome. BTW, all 3 Springfields came with their XD Gear Holster and save for the XDMs being marked as such, they are identical near as I can tell.

Standard XD 9mm and .45's are the same size. As are M&P's. And a quick look on XDTalk confirms that the XDm's fit the same holsters too. Most .45's are bigger though, just not those 2 manufacturers.

Edited by chiefjason