As requested by Frank English, here is another pair from "My Pictures".

I did these for a show in Branson MO., of all places. They were my first pair on the national scene, and I wanted to show up outside the box.

These were the result of inspiration from the installation of the last Pope. Though I'm not Catholic, I was nonetheless struck by the beauty of all the Cardinals in their red gowns and gold copes.

These didn't win any prize, it was the heart of the Bible Belt after all, but I am proud of a comment by a fellow bootmaker whom I respect who said, "it would have never occured to me to make a boot like that".

I did a similar design in black and silver.

Comments Welcome.

Cardinal pro 1.jpg

Cardinal Capes.jpg

post-8631-126727490056_thumb.jpg

post-8631-126727491796_thumb.jpg

These just take your breath away as I have no doubt will the black pair. Wonderful design and execution! Spot on the money! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Storm

very ....very nice, pains must have been taken to work with the red suewd (sp) leather.

what type of gold paint did you use ?

wow...looks really great...

very beautiful work...works like these let me think I´m just a little stupid boy with two left hands...

really nice...

by little

Wow, great job, I'd love to see the black ones. What show did you make them for?

Hi Paul,

You certainly lived up to your inspiration in these!!!

I'll tell you why you didn't win. First place wasn't grand enough for these boots and they felt embarrased not to have a worthy award. LOVE RED!

Frank

These just take your breath away as I have no doubt will the black pair. Wonderful design and execution! Spot on the money! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Storm

Thank you Storm. After I finished these and had them photographed, I put the oic of the collars and my desktop background. And do you know, everytime I opened mt laptop...

They took my breath away. They actually did.

I'm glad they had that effect on you too.

what type of gold paint did you use ?

Thanks Luke. I used three step to color these. Forst I used Feibings Yellow, then I followed it with a Pearlize acrylic, and then with Ceramcoat gold.

Little, Rusty, Clay and Frank, Thank you for your comments also.

I'll post the Black ones for ya'll also.

Very Impressive and unique. Nice Job!

Wow, great job, I'd love to see the black ones. What show did you make them for?

I was just crusin' thru this section and saw I never followed thru with the request to see the aforementioned black pair.

These were entered in the LCSJ's, World Leather Debut some time back.

Black Ostrich with Black Kangaroo tops with tooled/filligreed collars.

post-8631-128015334762_thumb.jpg

post-8631-12801533619_thumb.jpg

These really are beautifully crafted boots.A lot could be learned from you, thanks for sharing.

Thank you friend.

I'd really like to be able to just type a couple of paragraphs and answer all your questions. I really wish it were that easy.

I've got lots of photos, and a key board, but it's just the thing about sitting still long enough to compose a "how I".

I'd like to see that you were doing things according to the tutorial posted on this site, which I understand you've downloaded. It would give a premise for instruction, if you know what I mean.

It's hard for me to get on board with you because of your choice of how to begin.

I'll keep checking back and see what happens. Patience is a very very important skill in boot/shoe making/learning.

WOW!:head_hurts_kr: that is a thing of true beauty... you definitely should have won 'something' for that effort, both pairs are truly great. congrats, you might not be able to put it in a frame on the wall, but atleast you've won the popularity, praise, and respect of your peers here... take care... i'm still trying to decide which i like better... the black is more my taste, but the red is stunning...

eric

WOW!:head_hurts_kr: that is a thing of true beauty... you definitely should have won 'something' for that effort, both pairs are truly great. congrats, you might not be able to put it in a frame on the wall, but atleast you've won the popularity, praise, and respect of your peers here... take care... i'm still trying to decide which i like better... the black is more my taste, but the red is stunning...

eric

Thank you very much Eric.

I was pleased just to show up "out of the box" with the Red ones.

Very nice work hats off to yeh..