Sign in to follow this  
steve mason

miniature saddle hardware

Howdy;

I am building a miniature saddle to 1/2 scale. I wonder if any of you know where to get 1/2 sized rigging hardware. I may have to put a ring riggin in but I would prefer to put in a plate rig if possible. I have called boise foundry, but have not heard back from them yet. I see that the 1/2 sized saddles that Harwood did for the TCAA have plate rigs in them, any idea where he got the hardware?

I can get stirrups to 1/2 scale, but I will still need cinches, any ideas?

thanks much

Steve

Steve,

I believe Herb Bork does some 1/2 size hardware, but I'm not sure what all he has on hand. I'd ask him about the cinchas too since his son makes full size ones.

Steve,

Dale may have just made all the hardware himself, but I'm not sure of that. I know that last year when I visited with him, I was looking at a pair of half sized blevins which he had made himself, all by hand, and exquisitely made, he said "you're lookin at a $500 pair of blevins there - considering the time I've put into them!" There would be very little in this world that Dale would not be able to make himself if he wanted and put in the time.

regards

dam

Edited by daviD A Morris

Howdy;

Thanks for the tips on the hardware, I have a pair of 5053's ordered from bork and a pair of severe plate (777's) and 19 dees from Boise foundry. When I get them I will pick the best of them and build on them if they look good enough. If not I Guess I will have to make a pair.

Thanks Again.

Steve