horselady21

Download Problem From Leathercraftpattern.com

Hi! Has anyone had problems downloading patterns from this site? I know it is obviously a foriegn site, but it seemed legit. I ordered a small pattern just in case, and jus tried to download it. It came to my email as a zip file, but it won't unzip (at least at my work computer). I will try it when I get home but since they have basically the same programs, I don't expect anything different.

Are there any other sites with downloadable patterns besides this and Tandy/leathercraft library? I subscribe to the video series from Tandy, and have some of their patterns, just wanted something fresh, particularly looking for a hand bag.

Thanks for any help!

Hi!
I've bought a pattern from this site once, and I had no problem unzipping it.
Sometimes it happens to be unable to unzip a file, and then I use a small program called "7-zip". It's free. Just be careful when you install it, to just install the program and not any toolbars or free programs that it may offer.

Sandra

I have several patterns from them. Never had an issue. But I'm using Linux and not Windows. 7-zip is a good suggestion for windows. However, double check the package or just download it again. Go to your account and it should be in your downloads. Sometimes the package can get damaged while downloading or saving.

Edited by Thor

Thanks for the tips! It actually did unzip fine on my computer at home, which is about 1/4 of the computer I use at work! Go figure! I love their patterns, and just this morning, after looking at another pattern on their site, a link to instructions for one of their bag patterns took me to what looks like a sister site with even more patterns! I will post a link in another thread.

Thanks so much!

Wow, just went poking around that site, definitely some top-shelf stuff! Thanks Horselady!

I have bought patterns there and no prob.Pattern worked well and the one bag my wife claimed.One of the most practical bags I have made.Need to post pic's.