Sign in to follow this  
buffalo

Holster for brother inlaw

I'm just finishing up this holster I made for my brother inlaw. I never make anything for anyone but myself, but he has been bothering me for about 2 years. I thought I'd get it over with.

Regards Buff

32zlxdl.jpg

I like it. It has a nice clean look to it. Where did you get the pattern? I noticed it's closed at the end. Most I have seen are open.

Good job,

Kani

Pattern? What's a pattern? Make them up as you go.

Regards Buff

That's one fine piece of leatherwork. I love the stamping and the especially the color of the leather. I assume the leather came in that color (ie, it's not dyed)... If so, do you mind if I ask who the supplier was?

Congrats! -Alex

Hey Buff, how many times have you looked through that book? I've about looked the pictures off the pages in mine. They sure did some beautiful work back in those days. Not that a lot of people here don't do some good looking stuff themselves. Kind of like the holster at the top of this post. Man, that guy has it in spades! All kidding aside you did a great job. I really like your border stamp. Don't think I've ever seen that one before. Very nice!

Warren

That's one fine holster. Very clean and precise layout and stitching. Western holsters was what got me started in leather work. They are fun to make!!!! I have about worn out my copy of "Packing Iron", great book of holster ideas.

John

Buffalo, When something comes out that good isn't it hard to give it to your brother-in-law?! :)

Nice Color! How did you do it? Also is it Lined?

Thanks for all the compliments. It is just Wicket & Craig leather lined. All the color is from a few coats of Neatsfoot oil. Yes I have looked threw that book a few hundred times.

Regards Buff

Okay no pattern I get it. Will have to work on that. Great job. :thumbsup:

Okay no pattern I get it. Will have to work on that. Great job. :thumbsup:

Just about every gun I have made a holster for is a little different (barrel length, sight's, brand) so I just make up a new pattern with paper for every one.

Regards Buff

I understand what you mean Buff. Thats the way I am too. I rarely get the opportunity to make more than one of something and even when I do they are never exactly alike. Somebody sees something I've done and they want one, but they want to change this or add that so they all turn out different. Case in point is the cartridge belt I posted a couple of days ago. I cut the pieces out for 2 of them at the same time. That was where they stopped being the same. Different border stamp, cartridge size, length, dye color etc. etc. Every project I take on is different if for no other reason than I learn something from the one I did before.

Warren

Buff nicely made holster he will love it, Don

buffalo, how do you like that Wickett & Craig leather?

i bought a side last week and i hope i dont have to buy any more Tandy

Leather for high dollar projects.

I think it's the best. I like Herman Oak too. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I won't use Tandy leather. Just my opinion.

Regards Buff