Sign in to follow this  
TXAG

Wtb: Rawhide Lace

Hello...

I have been learning how to plait (pretty much have that piece down) and tie decorative knots as a hobby and would like to buy some good 1/8" (+/-...maybe a size up and down from there too) rawhide lace to practice with and make some knots for a couple of small projects.

I do eventually intend to obtain the tools to cut my own lace, but for now I am focusing on learning the knots. (For instance, I made myself a mandrel w/PVC and some screws last night and it has really helped quite a bit...) Cutting lace, I believe, is another great skill unto itself so I want to dedicate the appropriate time and effort to do it right later on.

Please let me know what you have and price shipped via USPS First Class mail via PM...not looking for huge quantities at the moment.

Thanks...

Edited by TXAG

So no one on here has any lace at all they'll sell me? Wow...

I'd also be interested in other sources of good quality rawhide lace if there's no one on here that can/will sell me some. Thanks.

I don't have any lace to sell.but contact Bill Confer @ Tejas Industries, Hereford Tx.

Phone number is 800-858-4384 or866-660-2830. I believe they have a 25' min.

Bill will cut it to the width you want. You can email Bill at bconfer@merrickpetcare.com

and he will send you a price sheet. Hope this helps.

Blake

Tejas sells string but it isn't beveled. And it's cut dry in circles so sometimes it carries the arc in the string. But it will work to practise. Brad