Beside the obvious (color), is there a difference in these guns for use in forming or pattern making for holsters?

Also..... does anyone have a good sourse for these guns?

Thanks!

Edited by ShortBBL

Beside the obvious (color), is there a difference in these guns for use in forming or pattern making for holsters?

Also..... does anyone have a good sourse for these guns?

Thanks!

Best to stick with the Ring's Blue Guns. The ASP red guns are frequently not in spec for holster making. Just go direct with Rings to order.

What about the orange ones that Galls sells? Anyone ever use those?

I read somewhere (I believe on this site) that the blue guns are very slightly undersized, and that the red guns are oversized.

And I think the orange guns are from Blackhawk. I theoretically have an orange gray Blackhawk J-frame coming my way from Botach Tactical. Theoretically, that is, because the order is right there online for me to see, but its actual STATUS is, well, AWOL.....

Edited by Big O

I read somewhere (I believe on this site) that the blue guns are very slightly undersized, and that the red guns are oversized.

And I think the orange guns are from Blackhawk. I theoretically have an orange gray Blackhawk J-frame coming my way from Botach Tactical. Theoretically, that is, because the order is right there online for me to see, but its actual STATUS is, well, AWOL.....

The Blackhawk guns work well. Sorry to say though that if you ordered from Botach you may not live long enough to get the gun.

I have seen some that are plain aluminum, left in the raw. no color added.

Never heard of Galls, will have to check. The Aluminum ones are Duncan's (Duncan's ). If you order fro Botach, you can probably kiss your money goodbye, one of the worst out there.Dave

I have only 1 red for molding purposes, and while dimensionally accurate, it's sloppy. I'd suggest to stick with the Blue Guns from Rings.

I ordered this one from a Ring's distributor. I had my choice of blue or black....I thought it was kinda cool to have a black one.

post-4803-073406800 1287194107_thumb.jpg

I ordered this one from a Ring's distributor. I had my choice of blue or black....I thought it was kinda cool to have a black one.

I ordered a couple today... all Blue guns! 1911, 1911 Commander and LCP.

I like that LCP pocket holster you made too.. nice and clean.

How long does the order take to come in from Rings?

How long does the order take to come in from Rings?

I called in my order to the distributor (police outfitter) and they had it in in exactly one week.