Didn't know if anyone would know of a supplier that sells the 3 or 4 strand yellow/gold polly rope that has the lead twisted into as well? I have heard that it is a fishing rope used for crab pots and fishing nets. I have found lots of suppliers that carry a leaded type of rope but haven't been able to find the gold stuff.

If you know of anyone who has tried ordering a spool of this type of rope and has had good luck with ordering it that way let me know because if it is the same stuff as I have been looking at it is much cheaper to just order a large roll of it compared to getting it cut at some of the local suppliers.

Thanks

Justin

Hey Justin,

I do know of some people that have ordered full coils of the gold weighted poly through Frontier and got a decent price. Also I would try thiscompany out of Nevada

Allie Bear:

P.O. Box 1856

Elko, Nevada 89803

Telephone: 775-738-8534

Fax: 775-738-9775

E-mail: allie@ranchropes.com

Or try King Ropes out of Sheridan WY

Best of Luck,

Justin J.

Hey Justin,

I do know of some people that have ordered full coils of the gold weighted poly through Frontier and got a decent price. Also I would try thiscompany out of Nevada

Allie Bear:

P.O. Box 1856

Elko, Nevada 89803

Telephone: 775-738-8534

Fax: 775-738-9775

E-mail: allie@ranchropes.com

Or try King Ropes out of Sheridan WY

Best of Luck,

Justin J.

The Rope Shop at Idaho Falls, Idaho 208-522-4880

I was hoping to try and find a distibutor that was more a commercial firshing supply company because this type of rope is acutually used for Longlining and for crab pots. I had a look at frontier and for the 3 strand stuff they are charging 1.70/foot and some of the stuff that I have looked at that sounds and looks similar other then color is selling in the neighborhood of 0.17 cents/foot. Just thought I would see if anyone new anything about that stuff sold by commercial fishing companies to see if it is the same stuff.

If i can't find it might just have to break down and buy some from one of the suppliers you guys had mentioned.

Thanks for the info.

Justin

Don't know if you ever found it. In Maine, the lobster traps by law have been changed to sinking line line. they have an exhcange voucher program. A guy I work with comes from a lobster fishing family. Could ask him about it if you still have an interest. I think they just use more of a nylon type rope now. People will complain if they found out that fisheman were adding lead to the water. Meanwhile, I found these links...

http://crabpotsupply.com/index.php?cPath=19

https://www.lfsmarineoutdoor.com/5-16-leaded-polypro-shrimp-shot-400-to-1800.html

http://www.blueoceantackle.com/rope.htm

Better late than never. I'm reading the archives. Good luck.

Dennis