RawhideLeather

Who Carries Both Nylon Thread And Schmetz Needles?

Nobody seems to carry much of a selection for us poor old leatherworkers these days. I have searched and searched for a place where I can buy needles and thread together but either they carry thread but no needles or or needles and no thread or they don't carry the type of thread I want (nylon not polyester). I finally just gave up and ordered the needles from Campbell Bosworth and was going to order the thread from Artisan which I had just found listed on their website but then called them and found out they no longer carry any thread at all even though it is still listed. Sheesh!

The thread color I'm looking for is for something in the tan family like deer, buckskin, or beige - something like that. I would settle for a natural linen color if I had to. Any ideas?

Thread I use: Bonded Nylon 346/277

Needles I use: Schmetz 794D 230

Edited by RawhideLeather

Nobody seems to carry much of a selection for us poor old leatherworkers these days. I have searched and searched for a place where I can buy needles and thread together but either they carry thread but no needles or they don't carry the type of thread I want (nylon not polyester). I finally just gave up and ordered the needles from Campbell Bosworth and was going to order the thread from Artisan which I had just found listed on their website but then called them and found out they no longer carry any thread at all even though it is still listed. Sheesh!

The thread color I'm looking for is for something in the tan family like deer, buckskin, or beige - something like that. I would settle for a natural linen color if I had to. Any ideas?

This is one of the thread pages from Beiler's Manufacturing Supply phone # sevenoneseven 768 zeroonesevenfour. They have the needles also on a different page.

post-12567-058492600 1323729458_thumb.jp

Nobody seems to carry much of a selection for us poor old leatherworkers these days. I have searched and searched for a place where I can buy needles and thread together but either they carry thread but no needles or or needles and no thread or they don't carry the type of thread I want (nylon not polyester). I finally just gave up and ordered the needles from Campbell Bosworth and was going to order the thread from Artisan which I had just found listed on their website but then called them and found out they no longer carry any thread at all even though it is still listed. Sheesh!

They don't carry the needles but this place has a great selection of thread colors and types including fire retardant and kevlar:

http://www.thethreadexchange.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=TTE

Thanks Spinner, That is a pretty good resource for thread and I had looked there as well but no joy in the tan color for both thread weights. I may give up and just order the thread from Weaver even though the color isn't quite what I wanted and I'll have to pay their high shipping cost, oh well.

Thanks Spinner, That is a pretty good resource for thread and I had looked there as well but no joy in the tan color for both thread weights. I may give up and just order the thread from Weaver even though the color isn't quite what I wanted and I'll have to pay their high shipping cost, oh well.

no needles here either but they have a good color selection in 277-346 click "add to cart" in the "colors" and then you can choose the color you want and the size I have never ordered from them http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/ricetn.htm

www.thethreadexchange.com/ They carry nylon thread in various sizes.