Rawhide

How to create a bead without a bead blade

Here's a tutorial on how to creat a bead using a swivel knife and modeling tool. Thanks Johanna for posting this.

http://leatherworker.net/beaderblade.pdf

Marlon

RAWHIDE thanks that is very useful. A lot of folks will appreciate that post.

Thanks Rawhide. It's tips posted on the site that help me to improve my skills with leather. Again, thank you so much.

Tom

You're most welcome. As long as it helps someone, I feel good about it. If anyone has questions about it feel free to pm me or reply to the thread.

Marlon

For some strange reason, when I try to view this article it locks up my pc. I have the latest Adobe but just cant get into the article. Does anyone else have this problem?

Tony.

For some strange reason, when I try to view this article it locks up my pc. I have the latest Adobe but just cant get into the article. Does anyone else have this problem?

Tony.

I don't seem to have any trouble opening it. Have you tried to save it to your puter and then opening it?

Marlon

I can't get that far, Marlon. All I get is a white screen and it says "loading" but comes to nothing!

Tony.

Nice piece, Marlon! I picked up that little tip about using a pair of dividers to mark beads from a workshop I attended a few years ago. That was the best investment of one hour I've spent in many a year. (Wish it could have been longer!) Before that, I was just eyeballing the gap with my straight edge. "Are they perfect every time?" the instructor asked. I said, "Nope." But they are, now, thanks very much.

This works great going around curves, too.

Thanks for posting that.

Kate

...This works great going around curves, too...

Absolutely! This is the best way to carve parallel lines/curves. Even if you're not making a bead. I pick that tip up from the great Peter Main (I pick his brain quite often)

Marlon

Good tutorial Marlon,

Great job.

By the way I had trouble opening it this morning; but now it pops right open. There must have been a bit of a snag at the LW site this morning.

Dave Theobald