Duke

portland oregon leather guild

ok so tazzman and myself and electrathon met this morning for breakfast and had a very nice discussion about the direction of things to come. I guess we can call this the first meeting of POLAC (portland oregon leather artisans co-op) after breakfast, we all headed over to the Tandy leather factory for a little shopping and found ourselves in a discussion about all sorts of things including the quality of leather, and lacing, and quality of products from companies, and even a little bit about hidecrafters. it was good to get together in an informal kind of way, since usually when i see either of these 2 guys, its from behind the register.I hope this is a sign of things to come, and look forward to getting together agian, maybe in a few weeks, and start planning on things to do for workshops and how to promote the guild to entice new members. if anyone else from LW.net is in the portland oregon area, we extend an offer to you to join us next time, for some good times, great conversation, and chances to learn from each other.

ok so tazzman and myself and electrathon met this morning for breakfast and had a very nice discussion about the direction of things to come. I guess we can call this the first meeting of POLAC (portland oregon leather artisans co-op) after breakfast, we all headed over to the Tandy leather factory for a little shopping and found ourselves in a discussion about all sorts of things including the quality of leather, and lacing, and quality of products from companies, and even a little bit about hidecrafters. it was good to get together in an informal kind of way, since usually when i see either of these 2 guys, its from behind the register.I hope this is a sign of things to come, and look forward to getting together agian, maybe in a few weeks, and start planning on things to do for workshops and how to promote the guild to entice new members. if anyone else from LW.net is in the portland oregon area, we extend an offer to you to join us next time, for some good times, great conversation, and chances to learn from each other.

Hello, I am in Portland, how do I find out about the POLAC?

Thanks

David

This never developed forward. The closest is that there are a few classes held at the Tandy store. Bobby Rose is teaching holster class coming up (this weekend) if there are enough signed up. Chan Geer is coming back in September, his classes are always great weather you are a beginner to advanced. Call Tandy and talk to Donna, she has more information. Do this imediatly, there needs to be more for the class to happen.

Aaron

I think the idea of a guild in Portland is great and is really needed. I have talked to some other leather workers and everybody is in that agreement. My problem is that I am so busy with teaching and making leather products to do the leg work and contacts necessary to get it started. I will do everything I can to help and promote the guild at shows and at classes. If someone wants to set a meeting place and time I will love to get together with everyone an discuss this further. My problem is that I am tied up on weekends for the next three months with shows, classes and my son's high school rodeo season. I am free during the week or can be called at the shop 360-263-5456 or emailed at cattailcreeksaddlery@tds.net.

The class is the 18th and 19th of February

Bobby Rose

Edited by Treed

I know this thread is old but anyone still have interest in meeting up?