shagsj

Need Help With A Project Please - Leather Cuff

Hi All,

A friend wanted a leather cuff so I thought I would give it a try. I usually only do leather knife cases etc and figured this would be easy.

Seems pretty good to this point but I am unsure about attaching the strap to the band (see attached pictures).

My difficulty is around the curving of the leather around the wrist. if I attach the straps to the top of the cuff flat, then it will stretch when it is wrapped around the wrist and I am worried it will pull on the rivets (i was just going to attach the straps with some rivets).

I could attach the straps like in picture 2 but it just looked a bit weird when flat, but will look ok when on the wrist. Maybe it will be fine like that and I am leaning that way.

Some opinions would be great please.

cheers,

Shags

post-40814-0-73764300-1379831544_thumb.j

post-40814-0-63365700-1379831552_thumb.j

If you are using this just for a cuff, . . . punch the holes in the strap, . . . put it on your wrist, . . . mark the holes in the cuff through the strap, . . . set your rivets there, . . . and you should have no problem.

If you are going to use this for a watch cuff, . . . your friend will probably be back in a couple of days with the pins broken that hold the strap to the watch. Those pins will almost never work this way. The pins for a watch cuff need their own loops.

See the little diagram below for how to attatch straps for a watch cuff.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-99196900-1379848321_thumb.jp

Cut two slots somewhat close to each other in the middle. Then cut a slot on each end. Thread strap.

Are cuffs like this generally worn as a bracelet (i.e. a jewellery item) or do they sometimes have a utility use?