Chris of WV

First "slim Jim" Holster...

So, I paid off the layaway on my first revolver last night... Got me a Heritage Rough Rider .22 Combo (Interchangeable chambers lets you shoot .22 LR and .22 Magnum cartridges). It came with a nylon holster, and I knew that there was no way it was ever going to get any closer to the revolver than it got while it was in the box... rolleyes2.gif

So, from 9pm - 1am last night, I stayed up late and crafted a "Slim Jim" holster using the pattern pinned in the Holsters forum. I used "scrap leather" (it had been out in my car and had sun-tanned for a while, and for some reason was noticeably hard to stamp) to make this holster, 7-8 oz for the outside, 3-4 oz. for the inside.

So, I cut out the pattern pieces and stamped my border (yes, I did mean for it to stamp lightly. The leather is some really cheap stuff I bought from Tandy almost a year ago and it has nicks scratches and discolorations, so I decided to make it look a little weathered by not stamping as deep and creating clean lines). A couple coats of medium brown Fiebing's spirit dye, followed by a coat of neatsfoot oil, then I glued the liner in and started punching stitching holes. Sewed on the belt loop, then started stitching it up with brown waxed linen thread. Finished it up and burnished the edges, then a couple coats of Leather Sheen...

Not bad for a one-night quickie, if I do say so myself (which doesn't count for much, lol)... whatdoyouthink.gif

post-21041-019570500 1330095742_thumb.jp post-21041-068103900 1330095745_thumb.jp post-21041-071405700 1330095748_thumb.jp post-21041-064422300 1330095738_thumb.jp

Edited by Chris of WV

Good job on the holster. Looks good.:thumbsup:

I like it, I own the same pistol. They are great little affordable good shooting pistols.