Jtsrunner22

Wanted: Walking Foot Stitcher, 346 Thread Compatible, Triple Feed

Hi, up to this point I've been handstitching my leather goods (mainly wallets) by hand thinking my target customers cared about that craftmanship. What I've realized is they don't - they care about the look of the leather and the design of the wallet, so I'm now in the market for a machine stitcher.

I'll start making wallets and simple leather bags, ranging from 2 layers of 5-6oz leather (rarely vegtan, normally softer chrome tanned or combination tanned Horween leathers) up to 4 layers of 4 oz...so from 10oz up to 16oz of total leather. I have a few designs that will be 2 layers of 5 oz tolling and bridle leathers, so those will also be stiffer. I want to make sure this machine could accomodate some of my future ideas, which include duffle bags, backpacks, and camera bags.

From my reserach, I need a walking foot leather stitcher with triple feed. My preference for appearance sake is size 346 thread, so I'll need a machine to accomodate that.

I have a specific budget that I think is fair based on looking at more recent(ish) listings that sold off here, so as long as you have a well running machine around that budget I'd be glad to chat.

Please let me know if you have anything that'd fit the bill or if you have any suggestions where I could/shoudl look.

Thanks!

Jeremy

There is only one machine that will do what you want, a 441 clone. I have flat bed machines that will handle #346, but to do what you want a cylinder arm is what you need. The only cyl. machine capable of #346 would be a 441 or clone thereof. A 133 Singer would handle that thread but is not triple feed. Gump.