Roger

this weeks seat

well actually started it saturday :)

about seven hours in the lacing. i am waiting to hear back from the customer as to the final color.

i am hoping once again that it won't be black :head_hurts_kr:

DSC03729.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

This weeks?? Didn't you put a finsihed one up here the other day? Man, me think you mean this days seat, lol.

It looks awesome and I'm hoping you wont have to do black on this one but if I had to colour that I think I'd endulge myself in those black and reds wich of course is painstakingly long hours with this seat.

Nice lacing, what type is it?? Looks like a mexican basketweave but 7 hours seems just way fast for that.

Or I'm just way slow with it

:Lighten:

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

BeaUtiful seat dude!!!!

Great lacing too! It's you guys who really inspire the rest of us. :notworthy:

Tom Swede - Don't worry man, I'll still be there right next to ya lacing.......

This weeks?? Didn't you put a finsihed one up here the other day? Man, me think you mean this days seat, lol.

It looks awesome and I'm hoping you wont have to do black on this one but if I had to colour that I think I'd endulge myself in those black and reds wich of course is painstakingly long hours with this seat.

Nice lacing, what type is it?? Looks like a mexican basketweave but 7 hours seems just way fast for that.

Or I'm just way slow with it

:Lighten:

Tom

GOOD NEWS!! It will be a light color!

thanks tom! it is mexican basketweave/ round braid. i use shorter legnths of lace 5-6 feet and slice it as i go. takes much less time to splice then it does to try and pull all that lace.

BeaUtiful seat dude!!!!

thanks froghunter!

i don't look forward to all that lacing but, it sure looks nice when it's done

Beautiful seat! Can't wait to see it finished. I love that style of lacing!

Hey Beez awesome job! someone told me they wanted the X stitch on a seat and I forgot. I was three quarters of the way round with the mexican round braid when I suddenly shouted "Aww Spit!!!!". Had to cut out the whole thing. It certainly does add to the seat though.

The tooling looks beautiful.

Shirley

BeaUtiful seat dude!!!!

Thanks Beeze, it sure is beautiful!

Hey Froghunter, I'm gonna enjoy the company. If you teach me to splice I'll pose in my funny hat for ya :lol:

Tom

I love the look of the seat. Shape and leather, including the lacing. Thank you for sharing.

Great looking seat as usual Roger, and come on now, you know you LOVE TO LACE......wait till you see the vest I'm doing when it's finished...now that's lace...LOL

Ken

For me to be able to do a seat like that, it would have to be called THIS YEAR"S SEAT and even then, I couldn't pull it of like you do. You've definately hit another gear with your tolling since I've been paying attention to your work. FABULOUS WORK again Rog.

Beeza, Beautiful Job! LOVE the lacing! Don't you hate leaving decisions up to the customer... :crazy: I hope the customer picks a color that will show the beautiful job you did tooling... I think is was Ford who said about his Model "T" -They can have it in any color they want, as long as it's black. :P

Beautiful seat! Can't wait to see it finished. I love that style of lacing!
thanks! finish pics to follow
Hey Beez awesome job! someone told me they wanted the X stitch on a seat and I forgot. I was three quarters of the way round with the mexican round braid when I suddenly shouted "Aww Spit!!!!". Had to cut out the whole thing. It certainly does add to the seat though.The tooling looks beautiful.Shirley
thanks shirley!i prefer to cross stitch. i don't like the bulk of round braid on most seats but, that's me.
Great looking seat as usual Roger, and come on now, you know you LOVE TO LACE......wait till you see the vest I'm doing when it's finished...now that's lace...LOLKen
"LOVE TO LACE".......rightgood to see ya back ken. can't wait to see what cha got going on.
For me to be able to do a seat like that, it would have to be called THIS YEAR"S SEAT and even then, I couldn't pull it of like you do. You've definately hit another gear with your tolling since I've been paying attention to your work. FABULOUS WORK again Rog.
thanks chachi!i've worked to get better and have had lots of practice. i think the biggest thing for me is... my work seems to be more consistant from piece to piece.
Beeza, Beautiful Job! LOVE the lacing! Don't you hate leaving decisions up to the customer... :crazy: I hope the customer picks a color that will show the beautiful job you did tooling... I think is was Ford who said about his Model "T" -They can have it in any color they want, as long as it's black. :

thanks! yea...well... the customer always has the last say. i do what i can to steer them in the right direction LOL!!

finished up the color this eve

DSC03731.jpg

DSC03730.jpg

Edited by beezachoppa

OMG that is an awesome seat!!! You are truly and artist. Is that the Godsmack Logo? Wow...