JoeSnuffie

Chinese .8 Mm Braided Thread

Not finding a suitable place to buy Tiger thread, I ordered 250 meters of .8 mm black braided and waxed thread from China. I only have Tandy braided thread to compare but I really like it. Only took a month to get here.

The picture shows it next to Tandy braided thread that's about 1.2mm I'd my cheap caliper is accurate. It's not as stiff and heavily waxed as the Tandy but it's nice and I'll be ordering a few more colors. This is perfect for thinner wallets.

Chinese .8 mm braided thread

Edited by JoeSnuffie

I purchased a roll, but it was in 1mm braided and waxed. It only took 2 weeks to get to me. I really like it.

I've asked them about even smaller sizes and I hope I hear back. I'll be ordering a few more colors of this and I'll be set for at least a year or more.

Hi Joe,

any chance of putting up a link ?.

Thanks, Peter.

I've bought thread from there as well, took about two weeks to get it. The thread stretches a lot more than Tiger which I didn't care for on the stuff I make but it does come in some nice colours and I occasionally still do use it on decorative stuff. It would go well on wallets, watch straps etc I'm not that I would trust it on anything concerning use for animals though.

Cem, that's good to know. I've only done one bridle repair and I used some thicker waxed thread for that. If I do anything else for an animal I'll be sure not to use this.

I think I might have gotten it sooner but it appears it was lost. I missed an email that I just saw on eBay that said it was lost by the shipper and not only did they resend but they refunded my payment. I guess I should check eBay messages more often. I suppose this gives me a pretty honest impression of the seller.

This looks a brilliant option to Tiger thread thanks for the heads up .