been busy: between my day yob and my leather yob, i am busier than all get out.

no time to noodle around and chitty chat, this is the busy season - in all regards - house work, family, work-work, road trippin, leather work and bike prep,

so - here is a sampling of what I've been up to:

a matched wallet and belt set - flames all around, black on black with a tan thread/277, checkn out the sweet airbrushed interior!

the psycho wallet - my signature fin shape, done up in some of my finest texturing and dying - psycho called me in tears when he got it...sweet of him, eh? who said Psycho's are poor, ungrateful wretches?

I am going to shoot up another spam bomb to the board...lol...with some more stuff and please notice i took the time to downsize my damn pictures!

arrgh

steveb

If you get any better, which is almost Gody, then I'm gonna have to quit...These are nice.

If you get any better, which is almost Gody, then I'm gonna have to quit...These are nice.

oh please...I aint that good - at all....still learning with every piece i make - but thank you for the compliment Spider

So I saw here on the board some sheridan style mixed up with skull art - now THAT is amazing, and that is what I would really like to be doing, if the truth be told.

i wished to hell i had some decent drawing skills - that still is the biggest achilles heel when it comes to my work -

i struggle to get the "image" right, which is why i use typography so much, as well as simple graphic elements.....like flames

oh please...I aint that good - at all....still learning with every piece i make - but thank you for the compliment Spider

So I saw here on the board some sheridan style mixed up with skull art - now THAT is amazing, and that is what I would really like to be doing, if the truth be told.

i wished to hell i had some decent drawing skills - that still is the biggest achilles heel when it comes to my work -

i struggle to get the "image" right, which is why i use typography so much, as well as simple graphic elements.....like flames

Steve,

Your work is awesome! Is it a secret how you do the bubbles? I've never seen that . Very neat stuff.

Steve,

Your work is awesome! Is it a secret how you do the bubbles? I've never seen that . Very neat stuff.

the bubbles are a pebbling stamp - if thats what your referring to?

Hey Steve,

Maybe this is just because I love to draw but to be honest I never put too much pressure on myself to get the picture exactly the same. I sometimes draw directly on the leather and then cut it. My point is, practice like anything else. Even with templates. Become familiar with where parts of the face go like eyes, nose and mouth. Registration of parts on the head. But most importantly for me...Keep it simple. Sometimes at least.

Hey Steve,

Maybe this is just because I love to draw but to be honest I never put too much pressure on myself to get the picture exactly the same. I sometimes draw directly on the leather and then cut it. My point is, practice like anything else. Even with templates. Become familiar with where parts of the face go like eyes, nose and mouth. Registration of parts on the head. But most importantly for me...Keep it simple. Sometimes at least.

lol - i hear ya Spider, i have some pretty good ideas stuck in my head - but - my hands dont make it easy to get those darn ideas out on leather. Until i can either simplify my ideas to the point where i can render them - I will be a "tracer" of found art...not exactly where i want my work to be...

steveb

Great looking work Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Ken