Just completed this journal. I really had fun with this design, but the next one I want to get more detail on the birds. Thanks for looking.

post-33081-0-24702800-1433156746_thumb.j

post-33081-0-56240200-1433156822_thumb.j

Very nice job. Beautiful.

Thanks Rohn,

That means a lot coming from you. :)

That style of bird suits the branches perfectly. Only thing I'd change is shoving the decoration to the left a tad so it's not covered by the strap.

That is beautiful, Cheryl

Thanks for the feedback and nice comments. The next design will have two straps, one near the top and one near the bottom. That way the design isn't covered and it stays centered. It's all good learning.

What tool are you using to emboss the edges? Is it an edge beveler?

Manypawz, did you follow a design that was already made? I'm wanting to draw my own birds, but the quality of my tooling doesn't quite match yours yet.

Or just move the two end branches so that they flow either side of the strap?

I think that's a good idea, Lumpen. It would save putting the extra buckle.

Justin: I used a beveler to do the outline of the birds and branches and a texture tool for the outline of the birds belly. I can post the number and pictures of the tools if you like.

Texas Lady: yes, I followed a design that someone sent me that they wanted on the journal. Ps, thank you for the kind compliment.

LumpenDoodle: what a practical idea, thanks so much! I'm definitely going to do that.

Justin: I used a beveler to do the outline of the birds and branches and a texture tool for the outline of the birds belly. I can post the number and pictures of the tools if you like.

Yes! That would be great if you don't mind, I find myself continually trying to achieve a certain look only to find I dont have the proper stamps for the job, haha. Thank you!

Yes! That would be great if you don't mind, I find myself continually trying to achieve a certain look only to find I dont have the proper stamps for the job, haha. Thank you!

I hope this helps. I used these tools only. For the soft texture on the birds bellies I used just the edge of the texture tool.

:)

post-33081-0-71730700-1433369896_thumb.j

post-33081-0-01228200-1433369910_thumb.j

Manypawz - I have a question about the strap. I like the design and the way it looks, but I wonder if it will loosen over time? Do you have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Mike

Justin, it may help to note that there is some inverted beveling in there as well. If there is a specific look you are having troubles getting it may help. I am prettysure I see some in the leaves and such. Hard to tell on this small phone. Love the job. Simple pictures with great detail are excellent. Love it.

Manypawz - I have a question about the strap. I like the design and the way it looks, but I wonder if it will loosen over time? Do you have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Mike

Oops, messed that comment thing up Mike. I know thi question is for Manypaws however, as a jounal, there shouldnt be much a strap problem at all. Even heavy abuse rarely gets enough tug to cause loosening.