Sign in to follow this  
Ludite

Sheridan Tools Makers Please

I`ve just started floral carving in the Sheridan style ! The results shall we say are below par ,but with lot of practice things should improve. I have noticed how flat the carving is compared to the masters and it seems my problem is carftools, the angles on the bevelers and undershots are different .Leaf liners different,and so on ..

So to the point can you gentle folk recommend a maker/s If they have a web-site the better as this fool lives in the UK so I can acquire the correct tool for the correct job :helpsmilie:

Regards

Paul :smashcomp:

http://www.barrykingtools.com/

This should do it for you.

http://www.barrykingtools.com/

This should do it for you.

Thanks :notworthy: My first port of call, really appreciate the help

Thanking You Kindly

Paul

I`ve just started floral carving in the Sheridan style ! The results shall we say are below par ,but with lot of practice things should improve. I have noticed how flat the carving is compared to the masters and it seems my problem is carftools, the angles on the bevelers and undershots are different .Leaf liners different,and so on ..

So to the point can you gentle folk recommend a maker/s If they have a web-site the better as this fool lives in the UK so I can acquire the correct tool for the correct job :helpsmilie:

Regards

Paul :smashcomp:

Paul:

Up at the top right hand corner, hit the 'search' button and type in 'sheridan tools or suppliers.' there should be plenty of information and resources for you to pick from.

I have a couple of Jeremiah Watt's from Weaver, and they are nice, but pretty pricey. I mostly use Barry King's and I am always more than happy with them.

My thanks to you all, this give me a start in the right direction: I know tools alone will not give me the results I`am looking for but using the right style of tools removes one of the many variables, the rest is down to me . Practice,practice,practice..

Thanking you Kindly

Paul