hi everyone, i made these this week, i used 2-3mm veg tan, the thing is they dont seems to pop from the surface,if you get my drift, im still using the beveller from the tandy kit i bought a while back, would it help with a different tool? ;-)

med_gallery_45327_2237_314152.jpg

med_gallery_45327_2237_498511.jpg

med_gallery_45327_2237_560915.jpg

med_gallery_45327_2237_790076.jpg

They look great to me!

I think they are good, but I´d leave a little more space between your tooling and the stitching. Like this it looks a bit pressed to me.
About the toolig not "popping out":
I don´t know whether you mean the depth of your tooling or the colour. The quality of better tools improve the tooling a lot, but not automaticly in every direction. If the tooling isn´t deep enough (looks like it isn´t), you gotta hit the stamp harder or more often. For a colour pop out, you might wanna block the whole thing after dyeing it and after that apply some hi liter or antique finish to accent the lines and deeper parts. Just as an idea.

For as thin as the leather is that you are using they do indeed look great. If you are looking for a little more "depth" from the design then you would need to go to a thicker leather or you could cut your layout lines a bit deeper if you want (it is recommended that your swivel knife lines are cut to half the thickness of the leather). I typically make all of my phone cases out of 4/5oz. veg-tan (1.6mm-2.0mm) and I cut my knife cuts about 1/3 of the thickness. However, when I bevel, I bevel with a purpose (meaning that I bevel the actual lines to the half thickness depth) and it is so easy to get the "pop" (as you called it) if you have the leather fixed to a solid/stable backing so that the leather won't stretch or fight you when you are working it.

Still, they look very nice so you are on the right track no matter what you do (as long as you don't do anything less that is).