equiss

Stitching Indicates Bobbin Thread Tension Too Tight...but

I have a Consew 206RB-5 walking foot stitching machine I bought almost brand new, never had an issue with it until recently. Lately the stitching indicates that the bobbin tension is too tight, pulling the stitching down to the underside of the leather. I have tried to adjust the bobbin tenions with little or no change in stitching. I have adjusted it as loose as it will go and there is little change. The bobbin is threaded correctly, the machine is threaded correctly....I have checked those several time. anyone else have any other ideas on what to check?

It has to be something simple, but this is getting irritating as #!@#@. I have work to get done and need my machine, but can't get the stitching figured out.

Charlene

Edited by equiss

Try INCREASING the top thread tension to pull the bottom up tighter.

1. Your top thread may have jumped out of the middle of the tension disks.
  2. The top tension adjuster may have backed off from vibration, or been turned without your knowledge.
  3. The needle might be too small for the thread you are now using.
  4. Assuming the bobbin tension spring is set to allow light pressure, the bobbin thread might be getting caught or jammed on the way up. Is it easy to pull the bobbin thread through the feed dog from the top of the machine?
  5. There might be a clump of thread in the shuttle

Well, I checked and the thread is still between the two disks; I have tightened the top thread adjuster down all the way as well, that makes no difference either. i can tighten it down all the way and it doesn't change anything. I checked to see if there was any thread caught in the bobbin shuttle or casing, nothing to be found....the instruction book isn't much help unfortunately - doesn't have much detail for when this would happen.

The only thing I am wondering, there is a knee pedal under my table top that you can use to lift the presser foot, and for some reason a few times ago when I changed bobbins, it didn't get hooked back into the right place when I set the machine down, so it barely lifts the foot up, I have to use the lever on the back of the presser foot to lift it up rather than the knee lever under the table....can that have anything to do with this?

Well, I checked and the thread is still between the two disks; I have tightened the top thread adjuster down all the way as well, that makes no difference either. i can tighten it down all the way and it doesn't change anything. I checked to see if there was any thread caught in the bobbin shuttle or casing, nothing to be found....the instruction book isn't much help unfortunately - doesn't have much detail for when this would happen.

The only thing I am wondering, there is a knee pedal under my table top that you can use to lift the presser foot, and for some reason a few times ago when I changed bobbins, it didn't get hooked back into the right place when I set the machine down, so it barely lifts the foot up, I have to use the lever on the back of the presser foot to lift it up rather than the knee lever under the table....can that have anything to do with this?

Hi Charlene.....time to start over. Rewind a new bobbin, put in a new needle, rethread the machine, and back the top tension off completely, so you have the adjusting nut in your hand. Put the nut back on the tension post until it comes in contact with the tension spring, then tighten it one full turn. Test the machine. You will probably need to tighten the tension a little more, but only tighten it one turn at a time. This may work. Steve

Edited by Cobra Steve

I don't like that part about the knee lever lifter being out of whack. Tilt the head back again and fix the knee lever rod position. It definitely could impact your stitches if it is pressing against a shaft, instead of the roller it is supposed to push.