Jarhead84

Tension Question Seiko Sth-8Bld-3

When sewing with my Seiko sth-8bld-3 under power everything looks great. When I hand turn the pulley ie. around corners ,curves or backtacking it appears that the upper tension is too loose. But as soon as i push my pedal the stitches look perfect. Is that normal or is this operator error. It's 2 pieces of 2oz veg #138 nylon, right now , but happens regardless of thread or thickness. Thanks

When sewing with my Seiko sth-8bld-3 under power everything looks great. When I hand turn the pulley ie. around corners ,curves or backtacking it appears that the upper tension is too loose. But as soon as i push my pedal the stitches look perfect. Is that normal or is this operator error. It's 2 pieces of 2oz veg #138 nylon, right now , but happens regardless of thread or thickness. Thanks

Are you lifting the presser foot when making turns? Lifting too high will release the top tension disks on many sewing machines. So if you are lifting the presser foot, do just enough to relieve some of the pressure on the leather so you can make the turn.

CTG

No, not lifting the foot, only when turning the pulley by hand.