brycew74

Buttons On My First Reins

just finished the button work on one side of my first set of reins rein body is latigo and the buttons are latigo and goat rawhide missed the last pass on my interweve covering where i tied in my eye but my buttons get better as you go up the rein, hoping to have some really nice ones by the time i finish.

post-26919-0-72724600-1358721974_thumb.j

Edited by brycew74

Good start. I am so anal unfortuantely, that I would have to fix that interweave LOL.

yeah that missed pass bugs me more the more i look at it i think im gonna cut the button off and redo it

Good call doing the button again. You've done some really nice work with the reins and it's a bit of a hollow feeling when you settle for something you know you could have done better. It's always nice to get to the end of a project where you know that you've done the best you can do with your current level of skill.

I've spent many hours on my whips redoing things that I know I can do better and I'm always glad I did.

Pete

thanks for the good words will post pics of the finished set soon