ClaireAshton

Happy Every Day - Stitching Pony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Special-Magnetic-Fish-Angle-Stitching-n-Lacing-Pony-Leather-Tools-ONGAGE-/281385461108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4183e16574

The seller is HappyEveryDay - I'm not surprised at this price!

Claire, who made one for 1% of the price of this......

You can get a stitching pony from Tandy and other places that don't cost nearly that much. I got a HORSE on here for 75.00. Cheryl

Here is the link to Tandy's. will check out SLC too for you http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/search/site-search-results.aspx?sectionpath=3&processor=content&p_keyword=stitching+pony

Here's a pony from SLC. http://springfieldleather.com/29102/Lacing-Pony%2CStitching/

Edited by DoubleC

Free postage and Packing though !!! LOL

Cheers

Zip

For that price, he could damn near fly over and deliver it in person!

Sorry, Cheryl, I've just changed my profile to show Shrewsbury UK, and not Shrewsbury in USA somewhere. I hope the pricing is a mistake or else their economy is the one that will need protecting.....

Looks nice though........

Yeah looks nice, but not ANYWHERE near that nice :)

LOL Suppose I should steal his design and sell them for $500 over here????

Kind of a reversal of all the knock-offs of western inventions they have made over the years in the East ??

Turn about's fair play! When you get 'em done lemme know if you take lay-away.

The Colt Stitcher from Sheriden Leather, is only $80 plus postage and is MUCH better made, highly recommended :-)

I wonder if there is just one accidental zero on that. Even at $270 it would be kind of expensive, but it does look well made out of good oak.

Wow, somebody really know how to get paid, or maybe not. Is that Micky Mouse $ or US$ :rofl:

If I got paid that much for making something like that I would be Happy Everyday.

Sorry, Cheryl, I've just changed my profile to show Shrewsbury UK, and not Shrewsbury in USA somewhere. I hope the pricing is a mistake or else their economy is the one that will need protecting.....

Looks nice though........

I used to live in Shrewsbury in the US, near Boston andpronounced Shruusberry, not Shrowsburry FYI..

Bob

I bought a Tandy stitching pony and am disappointed.

I used to live in Shrewsbury in the US, near Boston andpronounced Shruusberry, not Shrowsburry FYI..

Bob

Hi Bob,
Our Shrewsbury in the UK has no official, or even locally accepted, correct pronunciation. I say SHREW not SHRO.

Best Wishes

Claire

Hi Van, Me too, so I made my own (well, a horse really) which I modelled on the one in the Al Stohlman book on handstitching. For what it is worth, I think the Al Stohlman books are still the best basic instructional books on leather basics on fabrication and tool use. Oh, I feel another topic coming on.........

Hi Bob,
Our Shrewsbury in the UK has no official, or even locally accepted, correct pronunciation. I say SHREW not SHRO.

Best Wishes

Claire

I lived in Berkshire for a few years and had heard it pronounced Shrow. I also lived in Berkshire County in Massachusetts and we pronounce it Berk and Bark. Two nations divided by a common language!

Cheers!

Bob

Hi Claire,

I agree with you about Al Stohlman`s books, it was my only way to learn when I started to do leather work. And I am glad I did that way, because then I Learned the basics right from the start.

I thought Norway and Switzerland was the two most expensive places to buy leather tools. Here is a stitching horse sold and made here in Norway http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/annonse?finnkode=42320422&searchclickthrough=true&searchQuery=j%C3%B8rn+jensen+as#resultat?keyword

534,- US$.

And here is a very good one made in Switzerland (see picture), preferred by our Swiss master saddler Walther Roth. Price : expensive (I do not remember, but see the topic in leather history: "tools of a Swiss saddler"). If I was going to put some money in to a new clamp, this would be my choice. Because of the very good locking mechanism, among other things.

Normally I use one of my sewing machines for my stitch work. I do my heavy stitching on a 441 and finish of by hand on a French stitching clamp. If somebody want to pay extra for hand stitching they will get that too.

Thanks

Tor

post-10237-0-99691000-1405730276_thumb.j