tanglang69

Sewing Machine Question

I would like as many opinions/responses as possible. I have a friend that I do a lot of leather work for and he would like to invest in my part-time operation by buying me an electric sewing machine (currently I have the Tippman Boss) to help me in my projects. He said cost is not an option. I know it sounds too good to be true but he is a very humble, honest man who owns a shooting academy here in South Texas. I would pay him back by deducing a small amount of the cost from the jobs that I do for him, interest free. Here is the question, if posed with this issue, which sewing machine would you buy?!!!! Thanks, Oved

Just remember it's you buying the machine with an interest free loan and that's ok as long as you and your friend understand it could take years to pay him back, but all that aside COBRA 4 WITH E.P.S. I have one myself good luck and have fun!

I would like as many opinions/responses as possible. I have a friend that I do a lot of leather work for and he would like to invest in my part-time operation by buying me an electric sewing machine (currently I have the Tippman Boss) to help me in my projects. He said cost is not an option. I know it sounds too good to be true but he is a very humble, honest man who owns a shooting academy here in South Texas. I would pay him back by deducing a small amount of the cost from the jobs that I do for him, interest free. Here is the question, if posed with this issue, which sewing machine would you buy?!!!! Thanks, Oved

In my case, the Cowboy CB4500 was the answer to sewing leather and webbing up to 7/8 inches total thickness. It sews with bonded thread sizes #138 through 415, but I usually thread it with #277.

Shooting academy = holsters, gun cases, ammo belts and heavy webbing work so a 441 clone like the Cobra or Cowbow is the way to go. If the Boss did the job and you need to upgrade then the 441 style is really the best option and if the work volume justifies the cost then I think you are going to be amazed at the ease of using the powered machine.

Thank you very much for your replies. Oved

The Cobra 4 with E.P.S. I have one of these and it has made my holster making much easier