CitizenKate

Restoring Old Posts

I know a lot of you will be wondering if/when our old posts will be recovered. As Johanna mentioned on the front page, we will be able to recover almost all of the old posts, attachments, and polls. I am working on a script that will go through the old posts, re-establish their links to topics, forums, and attachments, and place them into a special forum we have set up to process them. Then all the forum moderators will move them back to their appropriate topics.

It's going to take a little time to make all this happen, but I am very encouraged that we were able to salvage all our valuable text and image content that we have accumulated over the last year.

Thanks so much for all the kind words we received during this very anxious time. We have a lot of great things planned for the coming year, so stay tuned!

Kate

Okay, I know the board looks naked. But we had to let everyone back in, they were chewing on the doorknobs. We saved about 3/4 of the pics, and all the posts except the last week of the year. Kate is the hero for getting our members, passwords, & structure back. She took all my back ups (that had been corrupted by a failing server!) and managed to put Humpty Dumpty together again. I signed on with a new webhost that is a business, not a friend, so the price is more, but I can demand better service. I know it looks funny in here, smelling like fresh paint, but it will feel like home again soon. The doughnuts are still not safe for humans to eat, but the coffee is fresh. People who registered after Dec 27 need to register again. Remind me if I need to change your status. If you posted any pics in the last few months, post them again. Freak said it's a second chance to make a good impression! All of the pics from Oct 07 on are gone, so please please repost. You're also doing us a favor by making sure everything is working like it should. Everyone please fix your profiles and signatures, too. I don't have time to clean up all the red x's. Yes the smileys will be back, and yes, so will the other content of the site. I'll do some of the special features later, right now I have a two-mile long "to-do" list. If I was supposed to do something for you and I haven't, please remind me.

And a huge special thanks to Kate. She took her magnifying glass and tweezers to the back ups, and then she got a bigger hammer. (insert big round of applause!)

Johanna

THANK YOU -THANK YOU - THANK YOU -VERY VERY MUCH....

PLEASE LIST AN ADDRESS WHERE $$$$$ CAN BE SENT TO HELP KEEP

THIS GREAT PLACE GOING. :)

Yes a big thankyou to Johanna and Kate for getting the board up again, although I haven't been posting that much due to various things I didn't know how much I loved looking at it until it was gone.

So a big hearty Australian hug to both of you and anyone else who is helping to restore it.

Best wishes,

Clair

You're a sweetie, Luke. Any member can contribute through the site using Paypal by clicking "My Controls" and the "Subscriptions" link on the left of the page. Paypal contributions can be made to "Johanna@nktelco.net" directly or send a check to

Johanna Schroer

PO Box 103

New Knoxville, OH 45871

If you don't use the forum to make your contribution, send me a note so that I know who to credit. If you want to keep your gift a secret, send me a note so I don't accidentally turn you blue when I do the bookkeeping. All monies will be used to maintain the site. This site expenses are about $75 a month, so every donation in any amount is a help.

Johanna

I second that Luke. Thank you, Thank you, I was having leatherworkernet with draws. Let us know. Thanks for all you both do. :rolleyes:

I wanyt to add a THANK YOU too. I'm pretty new at this site, but missed not having it already!. I have received a lot of valuable information here and hope to see this site grow. Count me in on a contribution.....

Add my "Thank you" to the list as well!

Let's start posting!

And now all is right with the world again. Ain't it amazing how you don't miss something till it's gone. A huge thank you to those who have toiled in front and behind the scenes to restore the a site that really helps the aspiring artist in all of us. The $ from my next sale will be forthcoming, minus material costs of course, so I can buy more leather. LOL Jordan. Seriously though, as soon as I get my financial sea legs back, I will be contributing to this worthy forum. Peace. PS I was wondering is there a way to be able to see a preview of a photo before you upload it. I find I have to open my photos in a seperate window so I can view it. wouldn't want to accidentally upload a compromising one.

I always copy and paste the pics I want to upload to my desktop, that way I don't have to go looking, and i know whats being uploaded.

Ken

Thank you Johanna & moderators for all the work! I felt naked while the board was down! I will try to squeeze out some funding too. This place is worth the effort and worthy of support.

Brent

Thanks guys for gettin this back up. This is one of few websites that I even look at, so I was a little lost ...lol THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you all....

I think many of us are addicted to this site and forum in one way or another..... !

I didn’t know that a forum could create an addiction so quickly *S* I join the rest and say…â€Big Thank You for your work, all of youâ€.

ya ya ya, aint you all just great. blah blah blah. its about time you got this place back up and running. JK.

I know ya'll have been working like crazy, and is VERY much appreciated. Thank You!

We took the board offline last night to correct some problems, and we think (fingers toes and eyes crossed) that all is okay now. Kate deserves a gold star and an Olympic Medal for her heroic efforts. What we need now is for you folks to use the board, so we can see that everything is a-okay. Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding!

Johanna

(we had to zap pics uploaded yesterday- please re-upload!)

Chat is working.... never went down last night when you locked the site.... and the "view new posts" works great.

Blue members are gone and everything in the profile is not showing up in the left... havent went to look to see if the info is still in the profile, or not..... Ok, went and looked... the info in the Personal Portal Information is now different.... doesnt ask where you learned about this site or what you are into or want to learn....

Thank you to all those who've gotten the board up and running again! Great job!

Adding my thanks to the ever increasing list...... I missed you guys!!

Thank you Johanna & moderators for all the work!

Vera

Edited by vera

I wanted to offer my MANY, MANY, MANY, Thanks to Johanna and all the rest who worked so hard to get the site back up. Ya'll know who you are. I didn't realize how much I love this site until it wasn't there anymore, LOL, I liked to have started crying. Nerves shot to hell anyway and then that happening was almost too much. Social Security and Progress Energy, my local power co. see to it that I don't have much money anymore, but the hell with em. When I get paid next week I'll try and send what I can to help. A little now and a little later maybe that will help some. I really appreciate all the help to help me get back on the site, I guess that sometimes we don't really appreciate what we have until it ain't there anymore. Again thanks to all who helped get things back up and running. If I knew how I'd try and thank you all in a more eloquet way, but this is the best that I can do for now. With Sincerest Thanks and Regards to all Billy P

What happened to the Vargas pinup avatar that one is way cool. Have always had a liking for vargas since I saw my 1st one at about 11 yrs old! heheheh

Great job on the repairs! It's great to have this back.

Thank you, all, to the folks that made it happen.

I know a lot of you will be wondering if/when our old posts will be recovered. As Johanna mentioned on the front page, we will be able to recover almost all of the old posts, attachments, and polls. I am working on a script that will go through the old posts, re-establish their links to topics, forums, and attachments, and place them into a special forum we have set up to process them. Then all the forum moderators will move them back to their appropriate topics.

It's going to take a little time to make all this happen, but I am very encouraged that we were able to salvage all our valuable text and image content that we have accumulated over the last year.

Thanks so much for all the kind words we received during this very anxious time. We have a lot of great things planned for the coming year, so stay tuned!

Kate

Wow... Thanks loads for pulling it all back together. There's something going around, though. My other favorite forum, the Armour Archive, just had a total and complete loss of the past 8 months worth of posts, private messages, everything. Over there, it involved a tired volunteer admin answering Yes - more than once - to those questions you really shouldn't answer with Yes.

Remove Database - Yes. Are you sure ? Yes.

o my god i can't believe i just did that

jordan, the Vargas is on the Admin; not on Johanna's....