wildrose

More awesome Youtube vids

I wanted to add this to the last batch, but couldn't find it. If you've ever ridden a bicycle, or even just admired bike stunts, get a load of this Scot:

I wanted to add this to the last batch, but couldn't find it. If you've ever ridden a bicycle, or even just admired bike stunts, get a load of this Scot:

In-freaking-credible!

Wildrose, that's incredible. When we were kids, going over a two ft ramp meant that you were almost ready for the loony bin.

I've never seen anything quite like that before.... It's quite amazing to see what young people can accomplish with a lot of spare time and a good bicycle.

Thanks for posting that.

Funny thing is some might view him as a troublemaker, I'd bet. But gosh that takes balance and talent! (and muscles!)

It isn't a bicycle but a horse, a Lusitano (+1/8 QH) called Merlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4glo6LBmyI

The Rejoneador is Pablo Hermosa de Mendoza, music by Evanesence.

Art

I love this stuff it's called Trials riding ( on a modified Mountain Bike which this guy is on) or street riding for those who ride BMX's. I wasn't strong enough to do this sort of stuff being a small female but I used to do the ground stuff when I was younger if you type in Flatland BMX into youtube you will get what I mean, I wasn't that good but definately had fun doing it. They also do this sort of stuff on modified motorcycles which is also called trials riding. If you've ever seen a funny looking motorcycle with fairly skinny tyres and no seat that is what it is for.

Art

I keep going back to this video. While I know nothing about horses, I know this horse has HUGE cajones! Awesome to watch.

That is an amazing horse! (and rider!)

I am so glad you posted that Art!

I had lost the link to that one, it is an amazing video!

(dont care much for bullfighting, but could watch that horse move for hours)

Thanks!

Art

Yeah love watching those guys. Those horses and a good cutting horse are great.

I had never ridden a cutting horse before I was about 18 and finally got on one. Super muscular mare. I didnt realize that they moved so fast. I accidentaly pressed with my left leg (use to riding trail horses) thinking she would slowly move to the right. Ha, darn girl moved about 6 ft instantly to the right however I didnt go with her. My ass was sore for a few lol.

Thanks Max, I needed that laugh. I'll share with you that I've gone over fences without horses when I was riding jumpers. I was told they could sense when the rider wasn't confident they could make the jump - it's true.

My brother sent me this.

Just thought I'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny412n0Z-U

The bicyclist and the horse (and his rider) are my favorites so far. Just amazing!

Here's one I came across recently after someone I am acquainted with in the Sidney, Australia area described an encounter with a lyre bird on one of his morning runs...

Be sure to watch the whole thing, it gets more interesting towards the end.

Kate

Art

Hey Art, it would've been nice to post a warning about this one. To each his own, but I really prefer to NOT see animals being tortured. I don't have a problem with killing an animal quickly, and as humanely as possible for food, but I do have a problem with idiots who make a living out of torturing them.

Kate, that was amazing!

Hilly

I reckon each to their own. I'm sorry you find it offensive but to call people idiots. Why because you don't agree with their culture and what they find acceptable. It was pretty obvious what going on from the get go so if it bothers that much you should of closed it. I thought it was a amazing dance myself. Thanks Art for posting it.

Mike

Hilly

I reckon each to their own. I'm sorry you find it offensive but to call people idiots. Why because you don't agree with their culture and what they find acceptable. It was pretty obvious what going on from the get go so if it bothers that much you should of closed it. I thought it was a amazing dance myself. Thanks Art for posting it.

Mike

Mike, I'm not at all familiar with anything having to do with bullfighting. I wasn't calling Art an idiot, just said he could have posted a warning in his header, so I would have known to not view it. I was referring to that guy in the video, of which my opinion stands. And I did close it as soon as I saw what was happening. And cruelty is cruelty, culture does not make it right. Have a nice day.

What an interesting connundrum...

What one culture sees as acceptable and commonplace another culture perceives as cruelty. It begs the question: which culture is right and why?

I'm sure that killing animals for food/leather/whatever would be seen as the height of cruelty by some cultures - maybe they are right? Maybe they are completely wrong - who is to say?

I have no intention of being judgemental here, merely philosophical! - What is culture anyway?

I can see Hilly's point about cruelty (though I did enjoy Art's video), because as a cat lover, for example, I find it awful how some cultures treat cats (and dogs for that matter!). But again, they do not view them as pets the way we do. So I'd have to agree with Ray.

I too didn't think Hilly was directly calling Art an idiot, but I did feel the idiot statement could've been read the wrong way.

Anyhow, let's get back to some more amazing and interesting videos, huh? :grouphug5vj5:

What an interesting connundrum...

<snip>

I'm sure that killing animals for food/leather/whatever would be seen as the height of cruelty by some cultures - maybe they are right? Maybe they are completely wrong - who is to say?

<snip>

Ray, it's much easier (and less cruel, too) to eat animals AFTER they're dead. :) I just don't agree with torturing the food first. :eusa_naughty:

Ray, it's much easier (and less cruel, too) to eat animals AFTER they're dead. :) I just don't agree with torturing the food first. :eusa_naughty:

No argument with that, Hilly. In fact, as a writer, I'd have to argue for your right to say it!

But at the same time, I'd have to argue for the Horse guy's freedom to say what he believes too. He thinks he is right and so do you.

However, I may not agree with either of you...

Just a couple of my favorites:

I wonder what would happen if I spent more time with my dog:

Odd friends:

Not a YouTube video - but scroll down about 1/3 of the page and there is a video. Betcha haven't seen a cow like this!

http://www.lurchandtheherd.com/about-janice/

Enjoy!

Crystal

Hey Art, it would've been nice to post a warning about this one. To each his own, but I really prefer to NOT see animals being tortured. I don't have a problem with killing an animal quickly, and as humanely as possible for food, but I do have a problem with idiots who make a living out of torturing them.

Not to dispute the cruelty aspect, nor to dispute the cultural aspect, either, but this was a way to tenderize meat before modern methods were invented (like keeping animals confined in cages for their entire lives without exercise & forcefeeding them is not torturing them either?...). When animals roamed free, the meat was mostly muscle & meat was tough. "Torturing" animals, as it is put, to the point of exhaustion, causes lactic acid to be released into the muscles, which in turn tenderizes the muscles. This is why atheletes don't run 2 marathons one right after another- their muscles are loaded with lactic acid, & they are weak & can't perform again until the lactic acid is out of their systems.

Again, what is perceived as cruelty may or may not be in the light of the origins of the practice.

The second last time we were in Mexico, the one cable channel provided live bullfighting every Wednesday, I believe. It was, for me, both abhorrent & fascinating at the same time. The dead bull was awarded honor & had his picture displayed after the match, almost as a rock star. So how different cultures view certain events is dependent upon the culture.

Horsemanship at it's finest. Grab a hanky!