Sign in to follow this  
tdenker

Help Choosing A Sewing Machine

I recently purchased an entire leather workshop lot that comes with 3 sewing machines. One of the machines is a Tippmann Aerostitch, one is an old Singer long arm and the 3rd is a sewmaster. If anyone recognizes any of the machines and could share any info on any of them I would really appreciate it. I am new to sewing leather with a machine and am trying to figure out which one (possibly two) I should keep. Thanks so much for any input.

Best,

Tessa

For some reason I could only get this one picture to upload. I will work on getting the other two up. The pic above is the Singer but I am not sure about the model.

For some reason I could only get this one picture to upload. I will work on getting the other two up. The pic above is the Singer but I am not sure about the model.

post-20018-040192300 1338347421_thumb.jp

I recently purchased an entire leather workshop lot that comes with 3 sewing machines. One of the machines is a Tippmann Aerostitch, one is an old Singer long arm and the 3rd is a sewmaster. If anyone recognizes any of the machines and could share any info on any of them I would really appreciate it. I am new to sewing leather with a machine and am trying to figure out which one (possibly two) I should keep. Thanks so much for any input.

Best,

Tessa

Hi I've had an Aerostitch for almost 10 years maybe more.They can be quirky but are simple an dependable.You can contact me for specific info glad to help.

Regards Shovelhead

tell us what you are planing to sew, what kind of things you gonna make in the future....that will help a lot.....I personally sell the Tippman, way to much trouble....the longarm is cool for large pieces and you can do smaller stuff too...assuming its a walking foot be my keeper!?

And hey, it's a Singer....good reason to keep!!

No clue what the other one is,,,> Send more pictures!

Aloha

Jimbob

I keep hearing mixed reviews of the Tippmann Aerostitch. The pic that is above is the singer and I will try to get up the other two pictures.

Thank you,

Tessa

Not sure why I have only been able to add one picture at a time. But here is the last pic of the sewmaster.

Tessa

post-20018-068281100 1338428207_thumb.jp

1338428403[/url]' post='250439']

I keep hearing mixed reviews of the Tippmann Aerostitch. The pic that is above is the singer and I will try to get up the other two pictures.

Not sure why I have only been able to add one picture at a time. But here is the last pic of the sewmaster.

Two things:

1. I assume you know that the Tippmann Aerostich needs compressed air and that you have the compressor to run it as part of your purchase.

2. Your pictures are 1MB each and as you see when you try to upload more than one at a time, you exceed the quota allocated for your post (1.4 MB). If you want to upload multiple pictures, reduce the size to 800x600 or 1024x768 pixels to reduce the file size. It will then fit most peoples' screens without having to adjust their browser's zoom.

Hopes this helps you.

CTG

Edited by northmount