stef73433

Help Me Find This Rigging Ring

I can't find any where!

post-36557-0-52365700-1365217595_thumb.j

That hardware is used by Double J Saddlery and is probably proprietary so is not available to anyone else.

Bob

Try Bork Saddle hardware, He may be able to make them for you.

Thanks,I wondered if Borks would.I'll contract them.thanks

I wonder, would one of these pictured give same affect?

post-36557-0-20636600-1365345758_thumb.g

post-36557-0-67770000-1365345819_thumb.g

Either very first or last one

The rigging in the saddle was developed by Lynn McKenzie and Double J Saddlery and is what I would call a modified ring rigging. I do not think any plate rigging will work as the angles are not right. The closest thing that may work could be "Y" dee from Bork # 251 or # 633. The problem we have is that the rigging will not function the same way as the Lynn McKenzie and Double J Saddlery rigging. The question is how close does it have to be?

post-13361-0-29444800-1365382288_thumb.g

I guess wouldn't have to be exact, but I do like the different cinching options her ring offers.

Bob,

I have been thinking and I am really stuck. This will be my first attempt at saddle making. I am really stuck as to whether i should try to build my rigging similar to the Lynn M photo above, or if i would be better off with an inskirt?

If it matters, i plan to run barrels in in.. and this is first attempt, so dont want to bite off too much more than i can chew. In my head, they both make sense, so perhaps you can tell me your opinion since you seem experiecned? I would really appreciate it. I may post this same question out on a new thread as well.

That’s a tough question. The level of difficulty of the Lynn McKenzie rigging is higher that an in-skirt rigging and is compounded by the fact that you do not have the needed hardware and must improvise.

If it were me, I would opt for a 3-way in-skirt rigging (as in the attached picture) if you are looking for more cinching options or a standard "C" rigging.

I talked this over with my apprentice, who just finished her first saddle - a barrel racer. She would also go with in-skirt rigging.

It’s your call.

Bob

P.S. Here is a picture of her saddle

post-13361-0-76729500-1365571003.jpg

post-13361-0-27663900-1365571030_thumb.j

Thanks Bob! I think I'll try in skirt.thanks so much f all the advice! Tell her very nice job on saddle