dymensia3d

Hiking Staff Leather Grip

Working on a hiking staff in between other projects and did finish the leather grip a couple days ago or so.

I am a beginner leatherworker and knifemaker as well and am finding it difficult to break away from the leatherworking ;)

to do any knifemaking / forging. Anyhow, I laced this up first using green suade lace and it broke on me about 3/4 of the way

and I was extremely upset 'cause I had to squeeze this thing shut the entire time while trying to lace it loosely and then come

back to snug it when it broke. Looking through the tandy flyer described that I should be using latigo lace for projects requiring

strength. Luckily it was on sale last weekend. Went in there with the intention on getting just a couple items and walked out

with a big piece of leather and $158 bucks worth of more tools, books and supplies. I really wished I would have discovered this

art when I was a bit younger :) The staff is not finished, just installed the grip. I plan on adding some embellishment, a medium

amythest on top and an attachment for a forged blade at the bottom in case of undesirable wilderness encounters. Haven't decided

on the wood stain color yet either, but leaning towards a dark green perhaps.

Thankzx....

jtpost-26359-068048900 1323286090_thumb.jppost-26359-026964800 1323286093_thumb.jp

That is really cool. I love it.:specool:

Please post a pictrure when you finish the staff.

Thanks, I will :)

jt

That is really cool. I love it.:specool:

Please post a pictrure when you finish the staff.

Looks great! It'll look even better after it gets worn in from use!

Looks great and functional. The lacing looks great. :specool:

I have entered this most addicting craft of leather later than I should have but will never go back

Very nice!

Cheers!