Here is my new tank panel I made for my Motorcycle. I know some of the tooling is off. I plan to lace around the edges.

017.JPG

post-5981-1239912255_thumb.jpg

very nice, from a function point is the tab a might too short? I would hate to see you blasting down the road and its contents fly out!

I thought to myself it may open, It's pretty secure though. Can any one recommend what type of lacing would look best?

I would think you would desire a lacing method that covered the edge,

I would think you would desire a lacing method that covered the edge,

Nice looking piece. Would love to see it laced around the edges. I wondered....is there a plain leather piece on the back to cover the rivets, to keep them off the paint? Hope that is a clear question.

Nice looking piece. Would love to see it laced around the edges. I wondered....is there a plain leather piece on the back to cover the rivets, to keep them off the paint? Hope that is a clear question.

Well this is a Split Tank. Two Separate pieces. So the rivits are not touching any part of the the tanks. There is a space between the two tanks. I will post more pics after I braid.

very cool!

KEWL

Did you enjoy the tri-weave tool? I find it to be a pain in the &*@#^. :spoton: I would have loved to see the chain used for the border tool. Looks like it'll come in real handy.

Edited by laney1566