DoubleC

The Mare's Stare Made By My Genius Friend

I'm so excited I just sent him a blank email and had to resend. Kevin made me this mold for my In the Eye of a Horse products. Man's a freakin genius, I swear he is. This is my very first one I molded, had to wait until I got a c clamp. He CARVED this in wood by hand. Amazing really. I'm too, well just too to say anything else.

Cheryl,

That looks pretty cool. Now, take your time to produce different colors and hues. Don't rush this. Just an FYI, when you post, don't hit the "Reply" button on the post, unless you must quote what soembody else has said. Use the "Add Reply" button below the post. It cleans up the thread from continuously reposting pictures adn verbage. Keep going girl!

Nice first one, you've got yourself a mini casting factory going there. :spoton:

thanks guy, I didn't know that. I am too excited right now to even think about dyeing it, LOL. I just wanna look at it rofl.gif

Nice first one, you've got yourself a mini casting factory going there. :spoton:

Only because of you Einstein. Oh crqap I already forgot what bluesman told me to do, rofl.gif OMG Kevin, thank you so much

You're welcome, get back to casting and coloring.

Have I EVER mentioned what a PITA you can be sometimes? censored2.gif

You_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Did I mention you rock?

Have a blast.

Kev, I swear I'm so happy and excited my hands are shaking. I haven't had a beer in two months, but I swear this could be the day, LOL. You are the kindest, funniest, most even tempered person I know. And the only person that could me a 5 word message and have me scrambling to redo an entire project. I'm going to keep this up and everyone else is going to start barfing in the corners but I just wished there was 100 of you to help everyone who came to this board.

Thank you, now if I can only get her to wait until they dry before she scans them. :rofl:

Guys, you really rock!

Cheryl, do use it and post us a pics!

Kevin, double respect!

As many colors as a winter rainbow holds.....and then some.

Thank you, now if I can only get her to wait until they dry before she scans them. :rofl:

Only slightly impulsive under the circumstances. Do you KNOW how long 3 hours is? Every time I started to 'peek' I heard the Cajun Chef saying, uh uh, don't you lift that lid. You ruin that jambalaya so you just have some wine cause that's mo better.....party26.gif

OK Kevin, it's dry now. Do I carve and bevel it now? rofl.gif

Now you can add some suede to the back of it and really dress it up.

I have a whole pigskin suede piece, but it's red. I guess i could check the seller and see if he has something a tad less shocking, but I'd never be able to cut out those scallops. I'm not sure how dressy they would look with my cutting skills. I have it all ready to paint. Any suggestions on the scallops? Maybe do the eye, add a round piece of pigskin, and after it dries trim it around the scallops? Also if i wet it a little on the left edge, and add the forelock and a couple of bevel lines in it will it hurt the eye? I'm thinking of doing a liver chestnut, or maybe a regular chestnut. or maybe a blood bay like Sienna, too many choices, I swear. It's hard to tell Sienna is a blood bay from the winter pics, but I'm uploading a pic of her in the summer, in my 50 buck saddle I bought, LOL . I had just finished cleaning it up and realized I didn't think it had ever been used and wanted pics of it. And her of course, I never get tired of taking her picture.

Isn't she beautiful? I mean she is so well proportioned and a horse is such a thing of beauty anyway, I think. So there is the REAL creator of In the Eye of a Horse.

I have my paints and dyes, brushes, warm water and a sponge, rags and I'm afraid to touch it. I did this once before, I don't remember what project. After all I only have 49 more conchos I can mold head_hurts_kr.gifI know this is ridiculous but it is what it is. It doesn't matter how many times I say that to myself.

I have a whole pigskin suede piece, but it's red. I guess i could check the seller and see if he has something a tad less shocking, but I'd never be able to cut out those scallops. I'm not sure how dressy they would look with my cutting skills. I have it all ready to paint. Any suggestions on the scallops? Maybe do the eye, add a round piece of pigskin, and after it dries trim it around the scallops? Also if i wet it a little on the left edge, and add the forelock and a couple of bevel lines in it will it hurt the eye? I'm thinking of doing a liver chestnut, or maybe a regular chestnut. or maybe a blood bay like Sienna, too many choices, I swear. It's hard to tell Sienna is a blood bay from the winter pics, but I'm uploading a pic of her in the summer, in my 50 buck saddle I bought, LOL . I had just finished cleaning it up and realized I didn't think it had ever been used and wanted pics of it. And her of course, I never get tired of taking her picture.

Isn't she beautiful? I mean she is so well proportioned and a horse is such a thing of beauty anyway, I think. So there is the REAL creator of In the Eye of a Horse.

Just dawned on me you guys may be watching this topic, so I'm adding the finished picture here too. I swear I'm still so excited I can hardly sit still.

Wow now that is very cool - you did a awesome job ( that is some nice team work too) congratulations - I see where you have endless variations that you can do.

Wow now that is very cool - you did a awesome job ( that is some nice team work too) congratulations - I see where you have endless variations that you can do.

gosh, thanks CowboyDon. Most people don't 'get it' when they see I picked this one of my 3 to start my local selling with. And I was hand drawing them from a picture of my horse's eye. And when I asked Kevin if he thought he could make a mold.....I sent him the picture of my best one, and now there's the molded one, painted all up. I have a hand drawn one of these on the check book cover/ card hold I'm making for me. I have one hand drawn on a small satchel I'm making to carry these and other samples in. I have the 4th one I ever drew that finally looked like a horse eye if you tilt your head to the right and hold your mouth right, around my neck. It's my talisman/worry stone. I could use one of the nicer ones of course, but this was the one that kicked things off for me as far as help from some local agencies. I have made Kevin a stockholder (not legally YET) and he just laughs at me. He spends a lot of time online laughing at meblush.gif I guess he figures stock in a company that the forum is donating supplies to isn't anything to get too excited about. But it's been such a fun journey and just knowing I CAN'T mess them up makes it even more fun. When I dye them, if I have an oooops, it can always become a different color, etc. Because the eye itself is perfect, or I think so.

Thanks for your kind words, really. Cheryl