carr52

misc. Braids

Howdy from SC

They all need alot of work but I just got the book today. It's harder than I thought it would be but still alot of fun. I kinda like the round edge braid. The third one down on the left.

Tom

IMG_0077.JPG

post-6291-1228003009_thumb.jpg

Nice work, Tom. And I swear by Bruce Grant's books. Good stuff!

Hey, you've been busy if you just got the book and did all that since!

I really like that book. I've heard some people say they don't like it, but it has so much stuff in it I think it is just great.

OOPS!! I meant to say I got the book yesterday. Sorry about that. I get alittle A.D.D. sometimes. I agree with you guys, the book is great. Some of the illistrations can be kinda tuff to figure out at first but you just have to keep after it. I think it is one of the best Tool investment I have made.

Tom

Very nice work Tom. I want to start more braiding myself, but for right now leather projects seem endless with Christmas coming up.

Keep showing us more.

Butch

Very good braidwork Tom!! You are a busy and avid crafter!

I like that book too and have practice lace laying around but never seem to be able to get it done with more practices from the book.

Tom

Just a few more practice braids. The 9 strand braid is about 32 inchs. Made it out of 1/4" lace I cut from 3/4 oz. leather.

Tom

IMG_0078.JPG

post-6291-1228105450_thumb.jpg

Nice work.

I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

Thanks 8th. Still trying to find my place in the leather world.

Tom

Looking good Tom,

You just gotta love the Bruce Grant books. I have it and that is how I met Mary Fields. I used to live about 20 miles from her in Oregon. As far as I know, she still lives by herself at about 86, no electricity, no running water, used to dig the pit for the outhouse by hand, and uses a wood cook stove. What a great lady. She taught me all I know about rawhide.

You have done an excellent job if you are learning from the book. I usually need someone to show me a couple of times before I can follow the instructions. Keep up the good work.

Oh, by the way, when I met Mary in 1993, she had braided 90 riatas and told me she could teach me all the mistakes about rawhide.

Joe

She sounds like my kind of Lady. I wonder if shes married? I have to read the instructions about 10 times before I get it.

Tom