coop

Where To Find Face Forms

I want to do a few mask and have searched all over but cannot seem to locate a source for face forms. Any have a llink for those?

I found some at a place called Sally's Beauty Supply or something like that. Anywhere they would sell things for beauty supplies for hair stylists, barbers etc.. They had some that were really life like and also had some made from styrofoam. The styrofoam ones were even nice and solid.

I found some at a place called Sally's Beauty Supply or something like that. Anywhere they would sell things for beauty supplies for hair stylists, barbers etc.. They had some that were really life like and also had some made from styrofoam. The styrofoam ones were even nice and solid.

Thank you!

I saw the Styrofoam forms at Party City this week. I think they were selling them to hold Halloween wigs. I didn't pick them up to examine the quality though.

i recently went through this search, Luckily I was able to locate a special fx company and had them make me copies of two of their face forms, the following is a link to a face casting kit, there are several tutorials on the web for "life casting" and "face casting", this is the only means that I have found to get a facemold of the appropriate size

hope this helps

If you want to go that route Mojo, A.C. Moore and Joann Fabrics both sell stuff called plaster of paris and that works pretty well for casting. They even sell it in strips that you just cut, and dunk in water. I have never tried either of them on the face, but I have used them both to make a complete mold of my husbands torso to wet mold a leather armor suit to. It was heavy doing an entire chest/torso area lol.

If your talking about maniquine heads try a beauty school the use them till there no hair left to cut/style and might give the leftover to you. I got a couple I use for photography that way.

Make one. Take a piece of veg leather and get it wet enough to wet mold, then put it on your face, pressing in around your facial details to get everything right. Let it dry for a while, then put it back on, getting more details in and making sure it holds form, and repeat until it stops losing shape. once it's done, seal it with something that'll keep it from getting wet again and you're good to go.

This is the head that I use,http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CB046DE?cache=ef0285cc49fda4c40f30bd2d63b890dcπ=SY200_QL40&qid=1408881058&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1 though the price has almost doubled since I bought mine a year ago. The vast majority of these heads are but slightly undersized and this was the only head I could find that had both feature sizes and an overall size nearing normal. Even though it's close to normal it's not perfect, it's a bit on the narrow side for most men and the ears are slightly undersized and set 3/4" too low.

Edited by anhurset

I got a manny head on ebay. I found it to be undersized.

I found the styrofoam ones at Hobby Lobby. The nice thing about the styrofoam ones is you can use stick pins to hold the leather in place while it dries.

Cheers!

I've got a styrofoam male head that I picked up at Hobby Lobby a little over a year ago and I find that its VASTLY undersized. It works well if I'm doing something designed for a woman or a teen, but it's in no way sized appropriately for the average male.

I just wet form the masks on myself for male masks. I have a cheap styrofoam head I picked up after halloween for a couple of bucks. I would love to find something larger though.

Life casting isn't as simple as it looks btw.