jeremyqmartin

Where To Order Good Thread?

I'm just getting started and need some good thread. I don't like that Tandy's thread only seems to come in black, white, and "natural".

I'm wanting something with a sorta tan brown color. I'm interested in Tiger Thread light brown cuz I feel ot would contrast well with my dark brown Feibings oil dye, but the only place I find to order is Abbey England, but I'm in the U.S.

Get a sample card from these guys. http://www.mainethread.com/

Good morning folks, still in the silly season so not had much time for posts, but I thought this was important.

I've been told that there is a supplier of Tiger Thread and John James Needles in the US.

Windmill English Saddle Supply,7186 Dewey Rd., Thompson, Ohio Zip code 44086 Phone number - (404)-298-3018.

If you give it a try, can you let us know how you get on and what they have on offer?

Nige

Good morning folks, still in the silly season so not had much time for posts, but I thought this was important.

I've been told that there is a supplier of Tiger Thread and John James Needles in the US.

Windmill English Saddle Supply,7186 Dewey Rd., Thompson, Ohio Zip code 44086 Phone number - (404)-298-3018.

If you give it a try, can you let us know how you get on and what they have on offer?

Nige

Great info Nigel, I looked into them before and was told they sold Irish linen thread, is that the same as Tiger Thread? Also FYI you transposed the numbers in the area code of the phone number. It should be area code (440). 404 is in Georgia, my neck of the woods.

Great info Nigel, I looked into them before and was told they sold Irish linen thread, is that the same as Tiger Thread? Also FYI you transposed the numbers in the area code of the phone number. It should be area code (440). 404 is in Georgia, my neck of the woods.

Hi Veedub3, cheers for the correction, I pasted the address and code as it was sent to me so that's a great help, thank you.

Tiger thread is bonded polyester so very different to linen thread. Both have their place but its the Tiger thread I favour and the one it seems hardest to find in the US.

Nige

Not a problem glad to help, and thanks for the clarification on the Tiger thread.

The thread exchange in Weaverville, N.... super website and tons of info for the thread they sell !! Well prized too....and you can buy small amounts like 6 oz and up !!