horseplay

Tracking Time

I'm new to selling my leatherworks and having a hard time pricing things. I get the general equations used by most but I have one problem. Most often I'm working on multiple projects at one time. It makes it difficult to really know how much time it takes me to make an item and therefore how to price it out. Anyone have any tricks they use or ideas how to get an accurate production time when creating more than one item?

Thanks!

If you have a smartphone or iPad/iPod, you can get apps that help you do this. I use an app called 'OfficeTime' on my iPod Touch, and it allows me to track multiple projects. Starting the timer is just a matter of taping the screen, and then I tap it again when I take a break or go work on something else. There are lots of apps for this (at least for the Apple devices) so you can find one that works for you and maybe even for free. Keeping track of your time can be really eye opening as far as how much work really goes into what you make.

Hope that helps,

Bob

I tested about every one of them out there for Android and decided on FTS TimeSheet. I've done write ups in the past, so I'll save the writing here. I will say that I WILL NOT do any job without it ever again.

Searched in the Play Store for fts timesheet and cannot find it...

looks like it's listed as fTS freelance timesheet. It's been a longtime since I downloaded it. The actual app title doesn't have freelance once it's installed.

https://play.google....lev.android.fts

I didn't know that the developer isn't able to provide any updates. Sounds like it's likely a work load/life issue by his tone. I may have to look for another long term one, But, this is still an excellent choice right now and runs solidly.

Edited by Cyberthrasher

Well. Turns out the app is compatible with my old 7" tablet, but not on my new 7" tablet. Oh well. Really hate when they do that...