Sign in to follow this  
Ladykahu

Don't You Just Hate When You Make A Mistake In The Final Stages!

So... I am working on a custom order Journal cover (my first from doing the Torquay market!) for this lady, whom I know is a little fussy by the way she was unhappy with an 'uneven' dye finish on my ready made for market cover (actually I had deliberately been going for a water ripple dye affect as its got a dragonfly print on the front).

I had got the dye even and the inner lining and sleeves in glued in place, trimmed, put my makers mark on and was just getting ready to transfer the print when I realised I had put my mark on upside down! (well on the front rather than the back, so upside down when the journal is the right way round)

BAH!!!!! time to start over.. and its supposed to be finished this weekend!

its not a total loss, I think I will try incorporating the makers mark into a border on the front and do a different print to add to my collection I have for sale at the market. So very glad I got time to make it into lefflers leather this week to buy a new hide though..

Natalie

Hey Nat, any way of making another stamp, cutting it out and gluing it over the other stamp?

You should put a mark on your makers mark so when you stamp it on the mark faces you. If it is a dark stamp use a dot of white paint or finger nail polish. You could file a line, punch a dot, anything so that you can tell you are putting it on correctly.

I suppose it's possible it already has such a mark and you put it on correctly, just had the project upside down.

Edited by TroyWest

I had the project upside down :-(

Worked until 1am last night and am at the same point I was on a new one today!

Once I finish I will look for border idea's to re-use the one I did the wrong way round.

Natalie

I had the project upside down :-(

Worked until 1am last night and am at the same point I was on a new one today!

Once I finish I will look for border idea's to re-use the one I did the wrong way round.

Natalie

background it out and fill the void with some shiny hooha or doodad. No one will know the difference.