Ed in Tx

Inside The Waistband Holster Pattern

A law enforcement friend of mine asked me to make him an IWB style holster for a Glock 22, I have a pattern I use but he wants something different. The ones I make use metal holster clips and he would prefer a leather loop and snap style.Does anyone by chance have a pattern they would be willing to share? I am not selling it to him, just making it for him because he is a friend... Never hurts to keep the LE guys on your side.

Thanks,

Ed in Grapevine TX.

If you've got the part about molding the holster down, then the rest of it is easy - just add some 'wings' out to the side and mount a t-nut or chicago screw for the loop.

I have a pattern like that with "wings" What I am looking for is one where the belt loops are centered basically on the main part of the holster. I know that isn't a great description but what he is wanting is smaller than one with wings for the loops. Best way I can think of describing it would be a regular belt style holster that has a sweat shield with the loops on the face of it.

If nobody has one like that I guess I can figure out something with an existing pattern and modify it.

Bingo!! I looked that up and that is exactly what I was trying to do. Now if I can only find a pattern for it. The one I saw on the forum looked like they used a second layer on the sweat shiled and incorporated the snaps on it. That also provided a reinforcement for the top of the holster. Guess I will do some searching for a "Summer Special" pattern. Hopefully I can find one that I can use.

Take a look at the Galco site. I've seen those loops for sale on there. There's also a couple of other places that sell those loops separately. You could pick up some already made and attach them to your pattern with minor modifications. They're also available in kydex.

Something like this? Ill look for the pattern if its what you are looking for.

post-22515-0-04497400-1353219602_thumb.jpost-22515-0-67704500-1353219603_thumb.jpost-22515-0-24788800-1353219604_thumb.jpost-22515-0-75683600-1353219604_thumb.j

I have a patern for the 1911.

2dl10mv.jpg

sgb that holster looks more comfortable for tucking in the waistband than some of the larger holsters I have seen labeled for such use.