JS22

Well, Here It Is. First Ever Project On My Own.

Go big or go home I guess. My very first project on my own, in my own shop, on my new Cowboy 3500. Thanks to all who have answered my questions in the past. You have all had a hand one way or another in my progression to this point. It is a Wild Bunch rig for cowboy action shooting in genuine matte brown alligator. What do you think?

post-17641-064501400 1301446304_thumb.jp

Edited by JS22

You did a nice job on your holster and gun belt. Nice job on the picture to.

look good i like both , cant beat a 1911

Wish my first attempt looked so good!

That is very handsome. Great job!

Nice going on your purchase of the CB 3500...and that's a beautiful rig.

How wide is the leather strap you used on the belt please.? And what did you use for a liner? And while we're at it....the stitching looks a bit finer than I am getting, please share your needle/thread sizes too........thanks!!

Rg

Edited by Rayban

Rayban,

The main belt width is 2 1/4", the billets are 1 1/2". The liner is toast colored suede from The Hide House in California ( Item # is 613TO ).Both the belt and holster are lined with it. The thread size is # 346 with a #26 needle.

Go big or go home I guess. My very first project on my own, in my own shop, on my new Cowboy 3500. Thanks to all who have answered my questions in the past. You have all had a hand one way or another in my progression to this point. It is a Wild Bunch rig for cowboy action shooting in genuine matte brown alligator. What do you think?

post-17641-064501400 1301446304_thumb.jp

First time?!?!

WOWSERS! thumbsup.gif

Rhona

:notworthy: WOW John,

I just seen this post & have to tell you that's a great looking holster.I sure wished I could sew like that.So I just keep on selling them instead.

Very nice! Sharp looking rig.

That is a nice looking rig for sure. But I am confused about one thing.... Cowboy action shooting with a 1911?

That is a nice looking rig for sure. But I am confused about one thing.... Cowboy action shooting with a 1911?

In SASS events, we often shoot side matches called Wild Bunch matches. It is based on the movie ( The Wild Bunch ) where 1911 style pistols were used. It typically involves 3 to 4 magazine changes, up to 10 rifle rounds, and 4 or so shotgun rounds. Scenarios could change depending on the match director.

:notworthy: WOW John,

I just seen this post & have to tell you that's a great looking holster.I sure wished I could sew like that.So I just keep on selling them instead.

Bob,

Thanks Bob, without the help from you and practicing on I couldn't tell you how much leather, this is the first project I completed on your machine. Heck, this is the first project I've ever completed on my own. Thanks!