RonaldSe

Tie Dyed Leather

Ok guy and gals, now that you have had your laugh for the day--------------------has anyone ever tie dyed leather, if so HOW??

I had a your lady, that runs poles and barrels ,ask me if I could make her a tie dyed tie down at the rodeo the other night. Of course, I told her I would see what I could do! My throughts are to use heavy canvas or Cordura and make an inlay. Any one else have any throughts, I sure would love to hear them!!! Ok you can start laughing again!!

Thanks

George

easiest way I can think of doing it is to use an airbrush or regular brush and do wide wavy dye areas. an airbrush would let you blend a bit better and get more of a tie dye look though, I'd imagine.

easiest way I can think of doing it is to use an airbrush or regular brush and do wide wavy dye areas. an airbrush would let you blend a bit better and get more of a tie dye look though, I'd imagine.

Thanks, sounds good!! I'll give it a try!

Thanks again

RonaldSe there was an article in the Rawhide Gazette that covered Shibouri (japanese tie dye) you can find it here http://www.pslac.org...dex_rawhide.htm November 2004 pdf

Cheers,

Clair

THANKS CLAIR!