Tallbald

Very Few Solid And Rugged 1 3/4 Inch Heel Bar Buckles Found

I'm adding laminated (two 5-6 ounce veg tanned) leather CCW and work belts to my products. I've searched the big hardware supply stores (not Tandy) and may be missing them, but for the life of me I don't find 1 3/4 inch width offered much. LOTS of 1 1/2 inch and down, but that's about the biggest I'm seeing. I'd rather not post the names of those I've looked at because if I'm just missing what I want I don't want to make them look bad. That's just how I am.

I want simple strong single tongue buckles I can be proud to put on my belts. I don't want three piece sets of ornate hardware.

Thoughts please?

Thanks Don

Beiler's Manufacturing and Supply Ronks, Pa. 717 sevensixeight 0174. They are Amish no website catalog only. The #5 buckle on page 30 I believe is what you are looking for. Item # 50039 in stainless steel 1 3/4". I use the 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" buckle for my belts.

Hillside Harness Hardware Millersburg, Ohio. Phone 330 six nine eight 3200. This guy is Amish also he will answer the phone only from nine to ten AM EST. Request catalog. He casts his own brass that he uses for his harness shop.

Edited by Geneva

Ryan's Products (whom I linked to above) has a website and will often ship your order the same day...no playing around with leaving messages, waiting for catalogs, calling one hour a day, etc. and his prices are great. No affiliation other than as a customer.

Thank you both so very much. Wonderful news. Don.

The horseshoe looking buckle is the #5 in 1 1/4".

He's not looking for 1.25" buckles. He's looking for 1.75" width.

I don't find 1 3/4 inch width offered much. LOTS of 1 1/2 inch and down, but that's about the biggest I'm seeing.

Tallbald, Ryan's sport does have some good prices, however watch there shipping costs. It can be fairly high on small quantities. a handfull of Chicago screws - $16.00 for UPS ground. They would not even tell me what priority mail would be until they were ready to ship.

If you tell Ryans that you want first class or priority mail, they will gladly do that for you. They always ship my stuff 1st class mail, no problem. You can use 1st class for up to 13 ounces.

The reference I posted about Beiler's manuf. & supply is the page, item # and description of the 1 3/4" buckle that they sell. It is stainless steel by the way. Those are the items you need to order from Beiler's along with their phone number and a credit card will have some of the buckles in the mail within 24 hours from placing the order usually it is delivered by UPS unless you want something different.

The reference to the 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" is the sizes of the buckles I use in my shop.

Edited by northmount

Thank you so much! Don.