Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

different presser feet for your machines

For those of you who have several different presser feet for your machines, especially if from the same vendor, do all of these feet extend the same distance to the needle plate, or is there some variance

For my 441, I have a narrow harness makers foot and a blanket foot, as well as blanket toes (one blanket foot with the right toe cut off, and one with the left toe cut off: I love the stitch these feet and toes put down, though they can't be used for stitching in tighter areas.)

The outer toes and center foot of the harness maker's foot touch all the way down onto the needle plate. With the blanket foot/toes, the outer toes do not touch the needle plate, though the center foot does.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I've seen feet made more ways and out of more different material than I care to remember. I saw a "canoe" foot set on a big Singer (it was on something that may have been bigger than a 7 Class) and each foot was four or five inches long and they looked like little canoes. Turned-up toes are not real common on leather machines but very common on machines for fabric and/or webbing. Turned-up toes have less tendency to mark when making tight running turns, so you can relieve the leading edge just a bit with a file or grinder (or even sandpaper) if you are having that problem, ditto the back.

Art