Sign in to follow this  
Bob T

Adler 204-64 Heavy Duty flatbed sewing machine

Hi Everybody, I have an Aldler 204-64 Heavy Duty flatbed sewing machine for sale. The machine has less than 200 total hours of use on it so it is in near perfect condition. It sews leather up to 5/8" thick, it has a walking foot, and it sews in reverse. It comes with the original OEM table, clutch motor, speed reducer, bobbin winder, and thread stand. IT even comes with the original Owners Manual. It can easily handle the largest size of threads. I bought it to work on sails but discovered I needed a heavy duty zigzag so here it is for sale. The original owner bought it to build saddles, but shortly after purchasing it, he had a heart attach and never got to use it and I bought it from his daughter after he passed away.

The machine has a nice slow stitch rate that is easy to control for precise work

I have lots of pics so let me know if you want to see more. I've found new ones on the internet for about $4500 so given the condition of this one, my asking price is $2850. Bob T. (361) 857-5456

The first pic shows how large the machine is compared to a standard industrial machine.

A19.jpg

Adler204_pic___1.jpg

Adler204_pic___3.jpg

Adler204_pic___8.jpg

Adler204_pic___17.jpg

post-1740-1180104947.jpg

post-1740-1180104969_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1180105000_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1180105021_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1180105059_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bob T

Bob,

Where are you located?

Shipping this thing could be costly

Dave

I'm located in Corpus Christi, Texas and I would guess motor freight to ship the machine would be around $350 based on shipping a similar machine last year. I would include palleting and drop off at the freight dock in the selling price. Actual freight costs would be by purchaser.

Edited by Bob T

I forgot to add, the Adler comes with a factory edge guide, some bobbins, some new needles and miscellaneous other stuff like a belt guard, an accessory box, oil bottle, etc. The 1/2 hp motor runs on 110v. All you have to do is add thread (and maybe a light) and start sewing. Without a doubt, this is one of the easiest machines to sew on I've ever used. IF I had more room, I'd keep it.

Since I'm not a sewing machine collector, I need to sell this machine because I could use the cash and the room, so I'll try dropping the price $100 per month until it sells. The new price until the end of July is $2750. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

As of August 1, 2007 the price of this machine has been reduced to $2650. :flowers: Cheers! Bob T.

Bob T.,

Two questions. 1: Do you know what year this machine was made? 2: What was you plan for payment?

Spencer

Hi Spencer, I think the original Owner purchased the machine in 1996 or 1997. He made one saddle with it then had a heart attach. The machine passed to his children who stored it in the garage for 2 years before putting it up for sale in 2000. I bought it in 2000.

Sorry, I can't accept payments. Unless you live near me, there would be no way to guaranty payment, no way to secure the loan.

Bob T.

One additional thought, for protection of buyer and seller, an internet escrow service could be used with cost shared equally between buyer and seller. If using an escrow service is a bit over the top for you, then pay with US Postal Money Orders. Its good for both parties, guaranteeing payment to the seller, plus Postmaster General and FBI involvment on behalf of the buyer in the event of fraud. I've purchased a number of items on the internet with US Postal Money Orders.

Hey Bob T.,

An internet escrow service souds like a good idea, but I've heard that there are lots of fraudulent ones. Although it seems that Esrcow.com is legit. Do you have one that you would recommend?

S.G.

I can't think of one right off hand, so I would need to research it. The last one I used was related to a windsurfing equipment site so that wouldn't apply here. It shouldn't take too long to find a reputable escrow company that the buyer and seller can agree on.

Edited by Bob T

Hi Spencer, I researched Ebay's recommendation and they recommend www.escrow.com See:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/payment-escrow.html

So, WWW.ESCROW.COM is fine with me. Please consider that the following may impact how the transaction can take place. My wife and I are off on vacation for a month starting Aug 29. (Retirement is the best thing to happen to me!) The Adler is currently on consignment at:

http://randallmachine.com/catalog/product_...6083dee890ef76b

so, I would need to retrieve it from Cambell Randall in Yoakum (about 175 miles away) and mount it to a pallet for shipping. If things happen close to my departure on vacation and were to somehow get messed up, I wouldn't be available to un-mess them. If everything happens relatively quickly, there is plenty of time to take care of the details. If you want to postpone until I return from vacation in early October, no problem with the possible exception that Randall may sell the machine in the interum. If you want to check me out, one source is here (I'm that Bob Thompson):

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f4/chronol...25-a-10522.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f438/tires...ires-16506.html

Edited by Bob T

Hey Bob,

I'm ready to go forward. With escrow.com's limit on checks and money orders of $2000, we are limited to credit card or wire transfer. My preference would be credit card, but that means that we would have to use their premium service. If that's fine by you then what's the next step?

By the way, I hope you and your wife have a lovely vacation. ;)

Hi Spencer, I PM'd you. We can handle the details thru standard email. Thanks. Bob Thompson

Sale Pending

Edited by Bob T

Sold

Cambell Randall sold the machine just prior to receipt of escrow funds.

I just found out that Cambell-Randalls sale of the machine fell thru so, the Adler 204-64 is still available. Price is $2600.

Edited by Bob T

I have gotten the whole story about what happened with the sale of the Adler. :blahblahblah: It did sell to a buyer in Houston, but.... the buyer promptly broke a couple needles, scratching the hook and knocking the machine out of time. In this condition, they could not get the machine to stitch so they complained to Cambell Randall, saying the machine was a lemon and wouldn't sew. To appease the client, CR replaced the Adler with a different machine and instructed them on the proper operation of the new machine. Upon getting the Adler back to their shop in Yokum, the techs at CR checked out the problem, discovering parts of the broken needles, the damaged hook, and discovered how badly the machine had been knocked out of time. The problems with the Adler were completely operator error! They replaced the hook assembly with a new Hirose unit and put the machine back in time and it now sews perfectly. So, it is now back up for sale. The current price is $2600 if you buy it from me, and I will continue to drop the price $100 per month until it sells. If you approach Cambell Randal, they will have set their own price, substantially higher than mine. :whatdoyouthink:

Edited by Bob T

Nixon66, This machine would meet your needs plus I think I can meet your expenditure ceiling of $2500. email:thombizATyahooDOTcomcorrected

Last day of the month, the price of $2600 is now reduced to $2500. That's a great price on such a fine machine!

Last day of November and time to lower the price again. The price is now reduced to $2399. Email me at thombizatyahoodotcom