Sign in to follow this  
freak

A few of my projects

nothing great here just a few things i've done lately. I figure the more i do the better i'll gt rite, rite ?? LOL Mostly wristbands: the bulldog for my daughter (school mascot) , cross for my wife , the one brown one with all the skulls is the one i work in ( i'm a welder and tired on my wrist getting burned, so it'll get more burn marks on it as time goes on and i think add to the looks ) , then there's 2 of a band logo that i dig and a 3rd of the band logo that's not done yet with skulls in the background. I'll be seeing the band next weekend and i'll give them to the guys then. Oh yeah and one of the first guitar strap i did, it's the one with half a skull.

Like i said nothing great really.

bulldogwristband01.jpg

crosswristband01.jpg

skullyardwristband01.jpg

ddwristbands01.jpg

ddskullwristband01.jpg

1stguitarstrap01.jpg

post-158-1168911042_thumb.jpg

post-158-1168911055_thumb.jpg

post-158-1168911079_thumb.jpg

post-158-1168911094_thumb.jpg

post-158-1168911103_thumb.jpg

post-158-1168911121_thumb.jpg

Good work freak, like the dawg.

Been working on a belt buckle with a bulldog for the local high school. Sorta similar design.

Jim

Don't sell yourself short, Freak! I like your work, too.

The teens are going crazy over those kind of wristbands right now. I swear you could stamp "obey your parents" on them, and they would still sell! The Goth crowd likes black with maybe chrome spots or spikes. The bikers call them "property bracelets" and they stamp names into them. I understand if you wear the name facing you, you "belong" to the named person. Away from you, and you want to.

I have to sut the whole thing out of one piece of leather (not rivet the straps on) because I am allergic to the metal in the nickel rivets, and when they touch my skin, I get a rash. I can see where your method would be more efficient (less waste). If you did a show, though, you could have them ready to go and then fit the straps to order. Pop on the rivets and done, custom fit.

I have a friend in Charleston, SC who welds inside ship hulls in dry dock that have to be 120 degrees. His arms are scarred from sparks and burns, and he hardly notices them. When I see him, I want to coat him with Neosporin and bandage him. I never thought of making him a leather armband, though I have made dozens for archers and LARP folks. Thanks for the idea, Freak- now, if I can get a tape measure around his forearms without a bunch of questions...lol

Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

nothing great here just a few things i've done lately. I figure the more i do the better i'll gt rite, rite ?? LOL Mostly wristbands: the bulldog for my daughter (school mascot) , cross for my wife , the one brown one with all the skulls is the one i work in ( i'm a welder and tired on my wrist getting burned, so it'll get more burn marks on it as time goes on and i think add to the looks ) , then there's 2 of a band logo that i dig and a 3rd of the band logo that's not done yet with skulls in the background. I'll be seeing the band next weekend and i'll give them to the guys then. Oh yeah and one of the first guitar strap i did, it's the one with half a skull.

Like i said nothing great really.

Hi Freak,

Don't be knocking down your work. I really like the one with the skulls, and I am starting to wonder about that. It really isn't "my thing" but I like what some of you are doing with them. The coloring on that one is really nice. It will keep getting better too so keep on sending us pictures!

I used to do quite a bit of welding too and I know what you mean about getting burned. What I hated was when red hot chunks of metal would find that hole in the knees of your jeans and roll down inside until they found a place they liked and just sit there and burn flesh!

Clay

Thanks all !! Clay, sometimes i have to step back and question myself or stop myself. If i don't watch it i think i'll put flames and skulls on everthing.

Johanna or anyone that is thinking of making a wrist/arm band for when you're welding or fabricating. Make sure you use snaps. If a spark gets between the leather and you,,,,you can not get the leather off fast enough. The other day this happen to me. Since then (as you can see on some of the w/bands i've posted) that even though i like to use the straps and buckles. The buckles are snaped on.

Don't sell yourself short, Freak! I like your work, too.

The teens are going crazy over those kind of wristbands right now. I swear you could stamp "obey your parents" on them, and they would still sell! The Goth crowd likes black with maybe chrome spots or spikes. The bikers call them "property bracelets" and they stamp names into them. I understand if you wear the name facing you, you "belong" to the named person. Away from you, and you want to.

I have to sut the whole thing out of one piece of leather (not rivet the straps on) because I am allergic to the metal in the nickel rivets, and when they touch my skin, I get a rash. I can see where your method would be more efficient (less waste). If you did a show, though, you could have them ready to go and then fit the straps to order. Pop on the rivets and done, custom fit.

I have a friend in Charleston, SC who welds inside ship hulls in dry dock that have to be 120 degrees. His arms are scarred from sparks and burns, and he hardly notices them. When I see him, I want to coat him with Neosporin and bandage him. I never thought of making him a leather armband, though I have made dozens for archers and LARP folks. Thanks for the idea, Freak- now, if I can get a tape measure around his forearms without a bunch of questions...lol

Thanks for sharing!

Johanna

I actually just made a leather armband for a welder friend of mine. I'll report back how it works out for him!

Thanks all !! Clay, sometimes i have to step back and question myself or stop myself. If i don't watch it i think i'll put flames and skulls on everthing.

Johanna or anyone that is thinking of making a wrist/arm band for when you're welding or fabricating. Make sure you use snaps. If a spark gets between the leather and you,,,,you can not get the leather off fast enough. The other day this happen to me. Since then (as you can see on some of the w/bands i've posted) that even though i like to use the straps and buckles. The buckles are snaped on.

ah ha. I was wondering why the buckle and snap construction. Now I understand.