Sign in to follow this  
leatherman1457

Leather Cross on Heart Shaped Base

Here is one of my specialties. 3-D leather Cross on a heart shaped base. I made hundereds of these for Spanish/Hispanic Market here is Santa Fe and lost my tail . But I had fun for my first show. went abot 3000 in dept. but I got to show.

The Cross is made of wood that I cut out and use a router to shape it. Covered with leather and rolled it to place. The ribbon is made of leather and I used a hair blade on my swivel to cut the cloth like pattern found in cloth ribbond. It has been dyed and has gold fillegre on the edges of the ribbon to give it a more realistic look.

the base is a piece of wood that has been shaped with a router and coverd and rooled with leather..the top part of the base is made with a suede that tandy discontinued that has a diamond tuck apperance on it. at every cross stich I place a solid brass nail. and then used my hand made scallop punch to cut the open gymp work to connet the red suede to the base and used solid brass tacks to hold the gymp down. I covered the sides of the base and Cross with scalloped punched gymp work and used solid brass tacks to hold it on..

Let me know what you thinkl. I have fun making these even tho it has been about 4 years since I made any. I would up with hundereds that I have donated to churchs and to the schools for raffles. and gave some out for Christmas Presents.

000_1137.JPG

post-12512-125856364914_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatherman1457

BEEN THERE DONE THAT.....I doo like the work though. very nice ..........DOC.